Chapter 3

The ride home is anything but silent.

"What was that Jason?" Ryder unhappily demands, "are you really going to let them make us move?"

Jason sighs and runs his face in frustration, "Ryder, they're our parents. At the end of the day that has to mean something doesn't it?"

"They don't act like our parents," Thomas spits out.

"Boys!" I snap, "stop please. I want to move just as much as the rest of you... But Jason is right. We don't have a choice. But we'll be okay, right? We are still a family. And we can't be that mad at them. They save lives on a daily basis . If we forced them to spend time with us and someone konked out it would be on our heads. I couldn't deal with that. Besides, after the Tampon incident of 09', we can literally handle anything." I joked at the end.

The mention of the tampon incident caused my boys to burst out laughing and Carter to blush. Even Jason, behind the wheel, had trouble containing his laughter.

The tampon incident of 09' was when I got my first period and Carter sat outside the bathroom door and tried talking me through how to use a tampon while staring at the instructions and diagrams. Jason came into the hall with a box of pads and told Carter he had the diagrams upside down.

We spent the rest of the ride in better spirits and when we got home I realized I had to start packing up my enter life.

Four days later everything was packed up and in a moving van. Ryder, Carter and I were driving the van up and Thomas, Scott and Jason were taking the car.

We took a couple pits stops because I was on my period and it appears as though my body was physically reacting to the move. It felt like my uterus was going to explode. I spent a good minute in a shady gas station restroom just yelling at my woo ha.

Needless to say, I binged on chocolate on the way up and the boys in the car arrived before we did.

Mom and dad weren't even there when we arrived. They were getting situated at the hospital. They've been here for two days already. The apartment complex was really fancy. It even had a doorman! His name was Mr. Rogers and even looked like the guy from my childhood tv show.

It turns out Mom and Dad splurged on this place because they decided to sell our other house in Maryland. We've got the Penthouse which is comprised of the top two floors - it was huge. And each of us got our own bedroom and bathroom! HALLELUJAH!!!

As the only girl I'm glad I no longer have to store my lady things in my room. Or wait for my brothers to get out of the shower. I guess mom and dad felt really bad about making us move at such an inconvenient time. The old house was more modest because they didn't want us to become spoiled. Now we can really enjoy our wealth!

Exhausted and starving, I go searching for a brother to do my bidding. I see Scott lounging on the couch. Jackpot. Scott has a soft spot for me when I'm on my period, they all sort of do, but Scott especially does.

"Scott! Bro! Can you do your achey, extremely in pain, sister the BIGGEST favor and get me some of my favorite ice cream?" I ask in the sweetest voice I can muster.

"Coffee gelato with-" Scott begins

"Chocolate chips!" we finish together. I nod my head excitedly, probably looking like a squirrel on acid.

Scott laughs and ruffles my messy hair.
"Sure thing, Ara, go take a shower and slip into your pajamas and I'll grab some ice cream and pizza."

I hug him tightly, " I love you thank you!"

"Love you too Ara," Scott grabs his wallet and heads out the door.

I do as Scott commanded and after my heavenly shower, I pull on my favorite fuzzy pjs with little snowmen on it.

I'm on my KING SIZE BED under a comforter made of cloud like material - the house came fully furnished we just brought our personal things, school stuff and things like that - watching "the Secret Circle" (I cried when it got canceled) on Netflix, when all my brothers come barreling into my room.

"We come baring presents," Ryder presents me with my tub of ice cream as they all get comfortable on my bed.

I squeal and happily dig in. They come under the covers and scoff at my choice of television even though they love all my shows. They made me stop watching Grey's Anatomy though because it reminded us all too much of our parents and made me depressed.

We settled in to watch Hook and ate pizza (and I had my ice cream) to our hearts content, until we all fell asleep.

Unedited and written on my phone as per usual! Thanks for reading!!