Chapter 30

Lucy's P.O.V.

"Um," I stare down at my hands. Will steps forward and lifts my chin to meet his eyes.

"Please, Luce, tell me," he pleads. I turn around and see my siblings watching.

"Fine, but not here, go to my room I'm coming," I say and Will stays rooted where he is.

"I'm not letting you out of my sight for as long as I can help it," he says. I nod my head and turn to face my siblings. The movie has finished so I walk over to the DVD player and pop in Tangled. I let them to it and once I'm sure they're engrossed in the movie, I stride over to Will and grab his hand. His fingers intertwine with mine as I lead him to my room.

I lock the door and turn around to face him. He looks sad and my heart melts.

"Lu, you're hiding something, you've been hiding something and it's driving me crazy. This is you and me, we never lie to each other, you're my best friend, and I can't stand it if something or someone is hurting you and I don't know about it, so please for the love of all things holy, can you tell me what's going on?" Will begs.

I take a deep breath and spill. Everything. All in practically one breath. From when Dad died until know. All of my secrets. I even tell him about Mom's crazy idea about stealing from him, vowing that I never could or would do so. By the end of it, I'm cradled in his lap on my bed, sobbing. I look up at him and see tears in his eyes. I have never seen him cry.

"Lu, I can't believe you didn't tell me," Will says.

I sniffle, "I know, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I just don't understand why you kept it from me," Will says softly.

"I don't know," I sit up and face him, " I guess a part of me thought if I didn't tell you it wasn't true. Admitting it to you is like admitting it to myself and I wasn't ready for that. The other part just felt that if I told you, I would be a burden to you and you'd step in and make everything okay but you'd resent me for it, which I know doesn't make sense but it did to me at the time."

"Lucy," Will tilts my head so my eyes are even with his, "I want to make sure this sticks in that pretty head of yours. You could never be a burden to me and I could never resent you. You and me, we're in it for the long haul. Now that we're finally together, I don't plan on ever letting you go. I love you."

My heart feels like it's going to explode from happiness. He's saying everything I've always wanted to hear from him, "I love you too, Will. So, so much."

This next kiss is more than anything I've ever felt. It's passionate and intense and strikes every nerve in my body. When we come up for air I know he feels it too.

"Adonis Williams," I whisper, "you are my everything."

"And Lucy Claire Evans," he whispers back, "you are mine."

Once our moments over, Will tells me to pack all my clothes and he goes to help the kids back up. I ask him why and all he says is that we're moving in with him indefinitely.

It takes a few hours to get the kids on board and packed, but we convince them by saying we're going to have a slumber party at 'Willy's house'.

It's late by the time we have the kids packed and settled in the Jeep. As soon as the car started moving they fell asleep. I glance at their sleeping forms, snuggled tightly in blankets, and back at Will. His right hand is comfortably enclosed in mine.

"You sure about taking the Evans clan in?" I ask.

"Lu, I've rarely been so sure of anything in my entire life," Will says.