Chapter 32

Ara's P.O.V.

Crap. What do I do? This is new to me. I've never had a full blown out crush before. I continue to face the painting in front of me, but I'm not seeing anything. I'm trapped in my thoughts.

I clear my throat and stand up and awkwardly make my way towards the door. I turn around to face Cole and I can feel my heart stop at the sight of him. How did I not realize how attractive he was. I mean I knew he was attractive but now it's like Bam! And those beautiful eyes. Beautiful gorgeous eyes. Staring at me. Analyzing me. Oh shit, I must look like I belong in a mental ward.

"You okay, Ara?" Cole asks, concerned. I straighten up and plaster a smile on my face.

"Yup! I'm gonna go see Carter, bye!" I chirp and scurry from the room.

Once I'm the hallway, I slam the door behind me and lean on it, taking deep breaths. Pull it together, Ara. Marcus has his eyes narrowed at me.

Before he can say anything I scurry down the hall and up to my room. I toss a goodnight over my shoulder and throw my shoes off. I sit on the edge of my bed and lean back, my back flat against the bed and my feet dangling carelessly off the side.

I stare at the ceiling and feel, almost like adrenaline rushing through my veins. It's so exhilarating. I feel so giddy at the thought of Cole. I smile at the thought of him. I shake my head and head into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

The next morning I wake up and it feels as though nothing is different and I'm halfway through my morning routine when it hits me again. I like him.

I never thought I'd be one of those girls who hides their feelings towards a guy they like, but I guess I am. For now at least. Now isn't a good time to start anything and I'm too awkward to just jump into something with him without over analyzing it. Besides, he might not even like me that way.

No, Ara, did you see the way he painted you.

That could just be how great he is at painting shining through.

Or he likes you too.

Ugh. This is complicated. Maybe he will make a move.

Just wait it out a while and see.

Ok. That's what I'll -

I'm talking to myself. Ok, I'm officially losing it. I have to keep it together or my brothers-

My face pales at the thought of my brothers. Oh, brothers they will not be taking this well when they find out. If they find out? No, with my luck, they'll find out.

Ok my mantra for today will be: ignore your feelings for today. That's too long. Conceal don't feel? Ok, that's good. Thanks frozen! I will ignore my feelings just for today and see what happens.

I mentally prepare myself and skip downstairs towards the kitchen.

"Good morning everyone!" I cheerily exclaim as I bounce around the room. I sit down besides Jason at the table.

"You're awfully cheery this early morning," Jason notes.

"Of course I am, today is Jason Eve!" I kiss him on the cheek and start to shovel food in my mouth.

"Jason Eve?" I hear Cole's voice and look up to see him across from me and to the left. My mouth dries and my face pales as I soak in every inch of his beautiful face. Conceal don't feel. Conceal don't feel. Conceal don't feel. Dammit it's not working. Think of something else. Answer his question!

"It's like Christmas Eve but it's Jason eve, the night before Jason was born," Carter explains as he sits beside me and flicks my ear, "you okay?"

No. I nod my head, "I'm fine just planning big things for tomorrow, in my mind."