Chapter 38

I tentatively knock on Jason's door and peep my head in.

"Ara!" Jason exclaims in surprise. He looks like he's just gotten out of the shower. He has a towel on his hands and is using it to dry his hair.

"Oh, are you busy? I can totally come back," I offer.

"No, I'm not doing anything," he answers and sits down on the bed, "I actually wanted to talk to you."

"Really?" I ask, "about what?"

"Last night, I know you put a lot of effort into the concert, as did grandpa, and I want to thank you for it all - it was amazing," he thanks. I grin.

"It was nothing, I'm so glad you enjoyed it, I was so worried you wouldn't," I sit down on the bed beside him.

"You got 1862, Nix for Tricks, and all my other favorite artists, including you all, to perform. How could I not enjoy it?" he asks.

"Well, you didn't want a big extravaganza and you know grandpa doesn't understand the word no," I start. Jason laughs.

"I just didn't want you guys to go through all that trouble," Jason says. I roll my eyes.

"Shut up, Jason, you know it's no trouble," I lean on his shoulder.

"I know, so what's up?" he asks.

"Well," I lean away from him and look at my hands. I glance up to see him looking at me curiously so I look back at my hands, "I uh, might, um..."

I trail off and close my eyes. Do this for Cole.

"I like someone!" I blurt out. My hands fly to cover my mouth and my eyes widen at my word vomit. Way to go Ara, with all that tact you may as well be a politician.

I nervously glance at Jason and he looks.... amused?

"Oh, really?" he teases. I nod my head.

"Yeah," I lamely confirm.

"So I'm gonna just go ahead and assume you and Cole kissed or something and that's what triggered this lovely conversation," Jason says and my mouth falls open.

"How'd you know I liked Cole?" I ask, incredulously.

"Ara, you are many things, and easy to read is one of them. You and Cole are so obvious that even Scott noticed," Jason says.

"The others know?!" I exclaim.

Jason scoffs, "we're not idiots, Ara."

"I know that," I huff. I take a deep breath, "and you guys are okay with me dating him?"

Jason sighs, "as much as I wish this wasn't happening, we knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. And we could do a lot worse than Cole, personally I'm glad he doesn't have a motorcycle or twenty tattoos and fifteen piercings."

I laugh at that and hug him,"so I have your permission to date him."

"Ara, I'm your brother, not your father," he says, "but yeah, you have my permission."

"Yay!" I exclaim. Jason laughs and releases me.

"Go tell Carter, he'll want to hear it from you," Jason commands. I salute him.

"Roger that captain awesome oldest brother ever!" I turn on my heel and march off towards Carter's room.

I stop in front of Carter's room and stare at the door, almost paralyzed to the spot. In hindsight, I knew Jason would be easier to convince then the rest. Carter, I have no idea how he'll react. I take a deep breath and knock on the door.

"Come in," his voice calls and I carefully enter the room. Carter is carelessly lounging on his bed and his head pops up to look at me. His phone is held aloft in the air and he was playing games on it.

"What's up Ara?" Carter asks, sitting up and putting his phone down. I sit down beside him on the bed.

"I need you to know something," I say.

Carter looks confused, "okay."

"There's this guy that I like, and this is all so new to me, but I really, really, really like him and he likes me too," I say.

Carter's face goes flat. I watch as he absorbs this information, "it's Cole, isn't it?"

"Am I that obvious?" I exclaim.

Carter laughs, "yeah, kinda, Ara."

I glare at him before softening my face, "so what do you think?"

Carter sighs, "I'm not gonna be thrilled about it, but you have to live your life, right? I mean me and the guys are gonna be watching him like a hawk, but if he is who you want, then I'm not gonna stop you from dating him."

I stare at him and shocks and then fling my arms around him, "thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Carter laughs,"you're welcome baby sister,"

I pout, "We're the same age!"

"I'm older by fifteen minutes."

"That barely counts!" I exclaim.

"Nope, it totally counts, you are fifteen minutes younger than me!" Carter exclaims.

"Ugh," I huff and cross my arms in annoyance.

Carter laughs and pulls me into a side hug. I can't help but smile and hug him back.

Telling Ryder, Scott and Thomas all goes surprisingly smoothly as well. I feel as though we were worried for nothing.

I happily bounce back to Cole's art studio and find him there. My eyes wash over the beautiful boy that is now my boyfriend. Ain't that weird to say? Boyfriend, boyfriend, boyfriend!

Cole looks up and I realize I've been admiring him for like three minutes.

"Like what you see?" Cole asks. I blush and walk over to him. I turn around and sit on his lap, staring at the canvas.

I stare at it in surprise and then look to the left of the easel and see a mirror sitting on the table. He's doing a self portrait.

It looks like he's just started because there's barely an outline done, but it's already beautiful. I love the fact that he's an artist. He's so damn good. I'm so proud of him and everything he's doing.

"I love this," I say and turn to look at him. We both have huge smiles on our faces, "By the way, I have the best news ever."

"What?" Cole asks, breathlessly.
"They all know and they're all okay with it all, I'm officially yours," I lean in and kiss him.

It takes a second for the shock to wear off but when the words sink in, he kisses me back just as strongly.

I could spend the rest of my life kissing him, and it wouldn't be enough. We pull out of the kiss and Cole stares at me with a twinkle in his eyes.

"So, you're my girlfriend?" Cole asks, as if needs me to say it again.

I nod, "yes Sir-See you're stuck with me."

"Good," he kisses me briefly again, "that means tomorrow I'm gonna take you on our first date."

Butterflies explode in my stomach, "I can't wait."

There's a knock on the door and we turn to face it, Carter flies in, he glances around the room in shock and then shakes his head. He doesn't even seem to notice our compromising position.

"Lucy's mom is back and is trying to take the kids away."

Another update! Next weekends gonna be literal hell for me so I'm trying to do as much as I can now. Unedited and written on my phone and most importantly THANK YOU SO MUCH, for reading and voting. We're nearly at 16k reads and 500 votes - that's kinda mind blowing for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Hope you enjoy the chapter! Let me know what you think?!