Chapter 16

"I live here," Cole responds, "What are you doing?"

"Trying to find the bathroom. Clinton told me it was somewhere here down the hall," I explain.

"What are you doing in my house?" Cole asks.

"Will invited us over," I shrug, "Now do you know where the bathroom is."

"Of course I do, I live here," Cole scoffs. We stare at each other in silence. Man those eyes.

"Well, where is it?" I ask. Cole leans back against the door he came from, "I think it'll be much more amusing to have you find it."

I sigh, "you are no help."

I go to the next door down the hall and pull that one open. Another closet.

"How many closets do you need?" I exclaim. I hear Cole laughing at me but I ignore him. I turn around and look at the door he came from. I raise my eyebrow at him and his face slightly pales.

"Nope, that room's off limits," Cole crosses his arms and stands in front of it.

"Is it your room?" I ask, curiously.

"Um, it's, well, yeah, I guess," Cole stammers, much to my amusement.

"It's not the bathroom," I ask.

"It's not," he clarifies.

"Okay. Well can you stop this silly game and tell me where the bathroom is?" I ask. Cole sighs and points to the door on the far end of the hall.

"That one," he walks towards it and pulls it open, "see."

I walk towards and smile in relief, "Thank you!"

I walk in and realize he's standing outside the door.

"I can't pee while you're listening!" I exclaim. Cole laughs and I hear the clamour of his footsteps fade away.

After I've finished my business in the bathroom, I wash my hands and exit, almost running into a cheery Lucy and Will carrying the sodas.

"Ara!" Lucy exclaims. Will looks excitedly at her.

"You want to tell her or can I?" Will asks.

"You were her friend first," Lucy shrugs.

"We're together!" Will exclaims and I laugh and decide to tease them a little.

"I can see that, we're all together in the hall Will," I smirk at them.

Will's face falls in confusion, "No Ara, we're together as in dating."

"I know that you idiot," I smack his arm lightly, "Congratulations you guys! Go on and tell the others the wonderful news Will, I need to talk to Lu for a second,"

Will goes ahead with the drinks after sending Lucy a heartmelting smile. She blushes and I smile at her. When he's out of sight Lucy smacks my arm.

"We're in the hall together, come on Ara, you couldn't have made it easy?" Lucy annoyedly, but not actually annoyed, asks. We both start to laugh and I hug her tightly.

"I'm so happy for you Lu," I whisper.

"I wouldn't have done it without you," Lucy says and I release her.

"Pish posh, that's nonsense," I dismiss her with a wave of my arm, "how did you do it?"

Lucy's cheecks brighten, "Well, we were walking to the kitchen and when we got there we were alone and we were getting the drinks, well Will was, and I was kind of staring at him like a stalker, and then he turned to say something to me and I didn't hear a word he said and then I vaguely remember him asking if I was okay and I just... I kissed him. And he kissed me back. And we sort of made out a lot and then we talked after and he asked me to be his girlfriend and of course I accepted."