Chapter 44

"Cole where are you taking me?" I ask as he holds open the car door for me.

"You finished your homework right?" he asks as I buckle myself in.

"Yes," I begin and I open my mouth to say more but he closes my door and walks around to his side. He climbs in.

"Well, I have a treat for you!" Cole exclaims and nods his head towards the tie.

I groan, "you cannot be serious, not again!"

"Yes again! This vehicle is not moving until the tie is around your eyes. I can wait all night," Cole crosses his arms and leans back.

I moan in protest and comply to his silly command.

I hear the car start and feel it moving.

"You are so getting blindfolded when it's your turn, chief."

"Anything for you princess," Cole cheekily smiles at me before he takes away my sight.

"How are you even real?" I half mutter to myself.

"I'd explain to you, but I think I'll just show you sometime in the future," Cole says. I feel my cheeks blush at his insinuation.

"Alright smarty pants," I quip.

He starts the car and starts driving away. He flicks on the radio and Taylor Swift's "Shake it off" blasts through the speakers.

Cole starts belting the lyrics at the top of his lung like he forgot I was there. I desperately want to see this so I pull off the tie and my breath hitches at the sight of him. He's so wonderfully alive.

I smile and join him. He flashes me a cheeky grin and we both finish the song, completely out of tune, but it feels like the best song I've ever sung.

When the song finishes we both burst out laughing.

Cole reaches his right hand out to me and laces it with my left hand.

"We're almost there, princess," he says.

"Why do you always call me princess?" I ask, curious.

Cole chuckles, "Ask me again in six months."

I frown, "Why won't you answer me know?"

"Now's not the time. Are you going to put your blind- ah forget it we're here."

I look away from Cole and see we're in a parking lot. Cole reaches over and unbuckles my belt.

My breath hitches at his close proximity and he grins. He closes the few inches between us and kisses me once again.

I could kiss him forever and not get enough. He pulls back and leans his forehead against mine.

"Ready, babe?" Cole asks.

I pull away from his slightly to regain conscious thought.

"Born ready," I reply, even though I have no idea where he's taking me. Cole jumps out of the car and runs around to open my door for me. He closes the door for me as well and entwined his fingers in mine.

We walk in comfortable silence to the door which appears to be at the back of the building. Cole tugs the door open and I follow him inside.

He pulls me to an abrupt half and raises a finger to his lips, as a signal to a quiet. I nod my head and follow him in. There's a long dimly lit hallway and then we make a sharp right turn which leads to another hallway with a set of double doors.

Cole opens the doors and lets me in first. I forget how to breathe as I take in my surroundings. It's a theatre. The stage is ornately carved in golden colors and velvet curtains adorn the sides of the stage. The theatre must hold a thousand seats.