Chapter 11

I walk into the lunch room and make a beeline for the lunch line. I scan the food and my mouth waters at the sight of this food. I remember I have a bag lunch so I grudgingly leave the steaming hot wonderness. I make a mental note to buy lunch tomorrow. My brothers and I sit together, just like we did at our old school. At least this will be the same.

"How have classes been so far?" Ryder asks me as he tears into his sandwich.

I shrug, "Good, I really like my English teacher, how about you guys?"

"My science teacher is really scary," Thomas complains, "he's so intimidating and I was trying to be friendly before class started, you know try and make some friends and get my bearings, and Mr. Lewis takes it the wrong way so he puts me up front."

We laugh at Thomas' misfortune.

"I'm sure it'll all turn up, Buddy," Carter pats Thomas' shoulder.

"And he spits when he talks," Thomas gloomily adds and rests his head on the table. I feel sorry for Thomas and sacrifice my chocolate pudding. I slide it across the table to him. His eyes light up when he sees it.

"But Pudding is your favorite!" Thomas says with wide eyes. I shrug.

"You look like you need it more than I do," I simply answer.

"So, Ara, have you made any friends?" Scott asks as I take a huge bite of my sandwich. Talk about bad timing. I nod my head and try to quickly swallow, but end up half choking and Carter pats my back until I calm down.

"Remember Ara, we chew our food," Carter taunts. I ball up a clean napkin and toss it at his face.

"Oh Hush. ANYWAYS! Yes, Scott, I did make some friends, I think..." I say unconfidently.

"You should have seen her talk to this girl Lucy about that show she watches with the vampires, she looked like a normal girl and everything," Carter laughs. I shoot him a scolding, disappointed glare.

"Don't act like you don't watch the Vampire Diaries with me, Carter. Let's not forget who cried like a baby when Alaric died," I scold and turn to my brothers as they start to crack up, "And let's not forget about this past season finale and who cried unconsolably for a good half hour."

"No human could not cry after Damon -"Ryder sucks in his breath," too soon."

I look at the solemn expressions on Thomas and Scotts faces. Sometimes it really seems like I have five sisters.

"We're watching American Ninja Warrior tonight," Carter coughs. I roll my eyes. They discovered American Ninja Warrior and dubbed it the 'manliest man show' and whenever they feel too in touch with their feelings they watch it. I roll my eyes at them.

We finish lunch laughing and just enjoy one another's company. When the bell rings Carter and I go to Chemistry. Chemistry goes by painfully slowly. Like Thomas, we have Mr. Lewis who seems to have a major vendetta against the Jenson kids. He started asking us questions about Chem, even though we haven't actually learned anything yet.

He pulls a Professor Snape and asks if we did the summer reading. I've been in this city for less than two weeks - I didn't know we had summer reading! If I did, I totally would have done it.... maybe. Or had Carter summarize it for me. Science isn't really my forte. I'm more of an English gal.

Next period is Gym though, and I'm dreading being in another class with all my brothers. Let me just be the first to say that the Jensons + Physical Activity = Chaos. Luckily, my new 'friends?' are in this class.

"Alright, class, settle down," a man, dressed like Cam from Modern Family when he coaches football games, who I assume is the gym teacher, announces. He's got his obligatory gym teacher whistle strung around his neck and he does not look afraid to use it.