Chapter 36

Ara's POV

It feels like I got negative hours of sleep. Somehow, I lost my ability to sleep until noon and currently it is eight am and I am thoroughly annoyed to be awake.

I ended up going to bed at four am last night so I only ended up with barely four hours of sleep. How am I supposed to function?

I roll around the ginormous bed and trying several different positions. But nothing works.

I groan in frustration and face-plant into the pillow with my butt in the air.

There's a gentle knock on my door and I flip around so I'm back under the covers and my back is pressed flat against the mattress.

"Come on in," I call out, stretching my arms out with a yawn.

The door pops open and Cole sticks his head in.

"You're up, princess?" Cole asks. I roll my eyes and nod my head.

"Like Carl Fredricksen's house," I comment.

Cole pauses at the door, giving me a strange look and I shrug.

"I'm exhausted so who knows what's gonna come out of my mouth," I point to my mouth and then look at my finger, "or I guess what I do."

"Oh, if you're tired I can come back later," Cole turns around and starts to leave. I admire the lovely view before calling him back.

"Wait," I call out and Cole turns back around. This view is quite nice as well, "no, I'm too tired to go to sleep, what's up?"

I push myself into a full sitting position instead of the half-ish one I was preciously in.

Cole steps forward and places his hands on the bed frame at the bottom of my bed.

"I was about to show Will my paintings, you know the rest of them, and was wondering if, uh..." he trails off nervously and rubs the back of his neck.

"Yes, I'll be there, if you want me to, if that's what you're asking, then yeah, I'll come," I answer the question he's too nervous to ask. And it's so cute how nervous he gets about personal things.

"Really?" he asks.

I nod my head excitedly, "I'll always take the chance to look at your paintings, let me take a shower and brush my teeth and then I'll head on over."

"Okay, I'll see you there," Cole exits the room and I admire his ass again. Oh, Jesus.

Cole's P.O.V.

I exit Ara's room with a huge grin on my face. I wipe most of it off and head down to my art studio. Will is excitedly waiting for me and I head over to greet him.

"Are you sure you want to look at it now, or do you want to wait until after we get food or-" he cuts me off.

"Show me now before I go clinically insane," he says. I laugh and open the door and let him enter first. I watch as his eyes take in everything.

He looks over the room first and them his eye catches onto one of the many paintings of him.

"Jesus," he whispers and walks towards it. This is one of him as a little kid. I took one of our family photographs back when we were a full family, and it's of him playing happily in the bathtub.

He walks around slowly, looking at every painting. When he sees the one of Ara he stops in his tracks and stares at it.

"Man, you really got it bad for her," Will says.

I cough, "what?"

"Does she know you painted this?" Will asks pointing to it.

I nod my head and wring my fingers together, playing with them, "yeah, she posed for it and I actually um, sent it to a competition."