Chapter 18

Cole laughs and accepts my handshake.

"Friends it is."

My overwhelming need to pee resurfaces. Damn you bladder, I was making another friend.

"Well I gotta find the bathroom," I turn around and walk inside without another word to him. I see a girl exiting a room on this floor and take my chances. I pull the door open and whoa did not want to see that!

Just kidding it's the bathroom. I carefully lock the door and let my bladder do it's thang.

When I'm done I go downstairs and try to find... anyone. The party is in full swing but I'm exhausted. I could use my lovely bed right about now.

I spend the next ten minutes looking for at least one of my brothers or new friends. Where did they all disappear to?

I go to the game room, from memory and find my friends, very drunk mind you, in there.

"What are you guys doing?" I ask them.

"Hiding out, it's chaotic out there and everyone wants something from us," Will explains, looking to be mostly sober. My eyes scan the room for Carter, who I know will be completely sober, as my twin he's also allergic to alcohol. I spot him in the corner on top of a bean bag chair, twiddling away on his phone.

"If you didn't want so many people to come, why'd you invite the entire school?" I ask Will, leaning against the plump orange couch he and Lu are sitting on.

He shrugs, "everyone wanted an outlet to celebrate tonight's victory and my place is grand enough to host the entire school and then some."

"Yeah, but if it makes you unhappy, then-" I start but Clinton cuts me off.

"Ara, Will's just bitching, he likes partying a lot more than he's letting you think," Clinton laughs and lightly punched Will on the arm.

Carter suddenly stands up and walks over, "Ara, you ready to go?"

"What? No she just got here, Carter!" Lynn whines.

"Yeeeeaaaaahhhh," Lucy slurs.

"It's getting late -" Carter starts.

"Don't be a party pooper, Cart," Lynn crosses her arm.

"Yeah Cart," I tease, knowing he hates the nickname. He narrows his eyes at me.

"Fine, we can stay a little longer," Carter sighs and the gang cheers. I laugh at the drunken idiots.

Lucy stands up suddenly, "we're going to play hide and seek!"

"Yeah!" the remaining drunks chorus back.

I exchange glances with Carter who has a broad smirk on his face. Carter loves playing hide and seek against me.

"Alright I'll be it!" Carter announces. Lucy squeals loudly and I wince and cover my ears.

"Rules, don't leave the floor or the house. Otherwise it'll take forever to find you all." Carter adds.

"Got it," Clint pulls Lynn towards the door as Carter turns around and starts counting.

When we close the door Will and Lucy take off to the left and Lynn and Clint take off to the right and I'm left alone in the hallway.

I decide to stay in the hall and cautiously listen to the doors and actually here several of them occupied causing me to shudder in disgust.

The door to the game room starts to open slowly so I pull open the door in front of me and hop in.