Chapter 7

"Right now?" I ask dumbly.

"Yeah," Scott nods his head.

"Oh, well it was nice meeting you Will," I smile and get up to leave.

"You're leaving?" he asks.

"Yeah, I have to go," I say and seriously hope Mom and Dad are there and don't bail on us.

"Wait give me your phone," he demands. I reach into my purse, unlock it and hand it over. He types his number in and hands it back, " text me when you can, Ara."

"Ok," I agree, "bye."

I follow Scott out the door and meet up with the rest of my brothers outside.

"Ready to go?" Jason asks. I nod.

"So, who was that boy you were talking to?" Carter asks, after we've settled into the car.

"Boy, what Boy?" Jason asks.

"The guy at the bar talking to her," Thomas supplies.

"What's his name?" Ryder asks, pulling out his phone.

"Are you going to cyberstalk my only friend?" I ask incredulously.

"Yes, name now, Ara," Ryder demands.

"Do it or we'll get his number from your phone," Scott warns.

"He gave you his number?" Jason asks.

"Yes because we're friends. I thought you guys would be happy I made a friend!" I exclaim.

"We would be more happy if it was a girl friend. Because it's a cute boy, we have to cyberstalk and make sure he doesn't have hideous intentions," Carter informs me.

"You thought he was cute, Carter?" I tease.

"I'm confident enough with my sexuality to say that yes he was attractive. I know you thought he was cute and that's what matters," Carter grins.

"Name, Ara," Ryder insists. I groan.

"Fine, his name is Adonis Williams but he goes by Will," I watch my brothers crack up at his name.

"I know him," Todd says after the laughter dies down, "he was a freshman when I was a senior at Mayview. He's the son of Senator Williams. He's the city's golden boy. His older brother Cole is the opposite and is the city's bad boy."

"Bad boy?" I inquire, "sounds like you've been reading to many teen fiction stories on Wattpad."

"On what?" Todd asks.

"Wattpad. It's this awesome online community of writers and books and... oh never mind," I sigh.

"Found him," Ryder announces, eyes glued to his screen. Jason and Carter, who are on either side of him, lean in to check the screen.

"Actually Ryder, I told him about you," I remember, and Ryder looks up from the small screen.

"Me?" he asks.

"Yeah I talked you up, told him how great you are at sports and he told me they really need a good running back so you're a definite shoe in. You also will be the only senior on the team so you could be captain, Will doesn't want it yet," I explain.

"Wow, thank you Ara," Ryder looks relieved and grateful. I smile.

"You would have done the same for me," I smile and then frown and add, "well if I played a sport."

Ryder puts his phone down, "we can check him out later. The real question is if Ara needs to change before visiting Mom and Dad,"

I look down at my dress, "what's wrong with how I look?"

"It's too dressed up," Scott offers.

"Well, I always dress up to see Mom and Dad," my phone buzzes and I look down to see I've got a text.

Hey Ara! I frown at the unfamiliar number.

Who is this? I text back.

Ashley! I got ur # and was wonderin where ur bros @?

How did she get my number?

We had to leave for a family event. I respond.

Kk cools! Cya @ skool mon! Bye girlie!

I don't bother responding and put my phone down. We drop Todd and Elliot off and Ryder takes over driving again ( Eliot was before).

"What do you think Mom and Dad want to talk about?" I ask.

"They probably just want to ask how the move went," Thomas remarks. I think back to how ugly we left things.

"If what you guys said is true, then I'm glad Mom and Dad really wanted a girl, because I got all of you guys out of it," I smile at my brothers and they smile back. Carter's smile suddenly drops.

"Ara, don't move," he commands, "there's a spider in your hair."

I hate spiders! I instantly squeal and start to furiously rub my hands over the top of my hand looking for a spider. The boys burst out laughing and I stop moving.

"You were joking!" I exclaim.

"You should have seen your face, Ara," Carter laughs.

"It was priceless!" Thomas adds.

"That will be a three of clubs, an ace of spades and four poker chips for me boys!" Carter exclaims. This game of their's literally does not make sense.

We get to the hospital and go through the same motions we did at a Johns Hopkins. I have an overwhelming sense of déjà vu and that causes me to panic about what's to come.

Unedited and thanks so much for reading!!