Chapter 6

The bright lights and loud noises make me hesitant for agreeing to come. I follow my brothers in and Thomas loops his arm through mine to comfort me.

"I can do first watch with Carter," Thomas offers. Jason agrees and the other boys disperse to mingle.

I automatically search for the food table and spot it in the back corner. When we get to the table we are immediately approached by what appears to be more Bimbos. Adopting "Don't judge Ara, don't judge!" as my mantra, I turn towards them to 'socialize'.

"Hi I'm Lizzie and this is Livvie, are you new?" they ask me. I double check to make sure they are actually talking to me and not Carter and Thomas but I see them standing on the far side of the table, close enough to hear but not be seen, giving me thumbs up.

"Yeah I am," I muster up a warm smile.

"Have you seen the other new guys? They are so hot and there are so many of them!" Livvie gushes, "look there's one now."

I follow her gaze to see her looking at Carter.

"I bet he has abs, I want to lick those abs," Lizzie sighs. I reign in my laughter and disgust and decide not to comment. Carter looks extremely pleased and I know he can hear us.

"Don't you?" Livvie turns to ask me. I automatically shudder in disgust.

"God no!" I attempt to remove those horrid, scarring mental images. Come on Ara, think of happy things like ice cream and Netflix, things I could have been enjoying right now if not for my idiot brothers.

"What is wrong with you?" Lizzie exclaims and her mouth fills into a perfect 'O', "are you, you know," she looks around and whispers, "lesbo?"

I shake my head, "no, I'm not it's just that incest is not really my thing."

Lizzie and Livvie literally tilt their heads to the side like lost puppies.

"He's my brother," I nod my head towards Carter, " they're all my brothers , well except two of them are Jason's friends."

"You get to live with those beautiful gifts to mankind!" Lizzie shrieks.

"Get is a strong word," I ponder "forced, required, have to, those are more suitable terms."

Lizzie and Livvie look at each other and then I watch the masks come on. The false impenetrable fake masks of doom that have rendered me friendless for the majority of my existence.

"Can you-" Livvie begins.

"No," I cut her off and storm to Carter.

"What happened? You were doing so well!" Carter asks.

"They found out we share the same
DNA and whoosh, the masks came on,"
I gloomily take the cookie out of Thomas' hand and eat it.

"Hey! I was eating that," he protests.

"Too bad," I shrug and take another bite, "can I go home Carter? I'm not going to find friends tonight because of all you guys hovering over me."

Carter's face morphed to hold an expression I utterly detested. The one he gets when he has an idea.

"Ara, we're going to watch you from a far and then you just avoid telling people you're related to us!" Carter excitedly exclaims.

"But all the girls just want to talk about you and your imaginary abs," I complain.

"Whose abs are you calling imaginary," Carter scoffs and lifts up his shirt to reveal his six pack.

"Whatever," I dismiss. His shirt is still up when I hear a high pitched "OMG" behind me. I turn around to see Lizzie and Livvie fanning themselves. Carter cockily smiles and I pull his shirt down.