7.1

" With foxes, we must play the fox. "

Thomas Fuller

➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴

7.1 ; THE FOX.

"WHAT WAS THAT?" The sound of Chris' voice cut through the phone pressed against Caroline's ear. His voice was light, joking. It was almost like he had a radar, as most brothers do, that sense their sister's frustration. That radar then sends a chemical impulse to the said brother's brain and tells him to be highly annoying and very unhelpful.

The young profiler groaned in agitation. She stared at the disassembled baby mobile on her desk in pure hatred. She could disassemble and reassemble an AK-47 in under 2 minutes, but she couldn't put together a stupid baby mobile? It was such crap.

Caroline grounded her teeth together as she slammed a small blue rocket ship against her desk. "It was nothing, Chris."

"Oh, really? Because it sounded like you're still struggling with that baby mobile you've been trying to put together for a week."

Caroline puffed out a heavy breath. A week ago, Haley had given birth to her godson, Jack. Today was supposed to be Hotch's first day back at work since Jack's birth and she had wanted to get the family something that Jack would enjoy, but she was admittedly failing miserably.

She figured if she came to work and did it, she would be motivated and somehow magically get it all done, but all she managed to accomplish was wasting two hours of her morning at her desk complaining.

"I've been following these instructions perfectly!" She muttered, still glaring at the plastic pieces. "It shouldn't be this damn hard!"

"Have you considered maybe you just aren't good at following instructions?"

"Oh, bite me, Christopher!"

Her older brother laughed. Caroline groaned.

"Stop laughing at me!" She said, a small smile on her face. "It's not funny."

"No, it's hilarious. You are so stressed over a baby mobile."

She let go of the little soldier figurine she was trying to shove onto one of the hooks of the mobile. "I am not stressed. I am...reasonably frustrated."

"Okay, whatever you wanna call it, Care," her brother said placatingly. "Listen, I called you to see if you had any time this week to meet up for dinner with Rebecca and me. We have things to catch up on."