14.1

" Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods. "

Albert Einstein

➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴

14.1 ; SECRETS.

CAROLINE YAWNED AS SHE stepped through the glass doors into Quantico. The cool night air brushed past as the doors shut behind her. She had only been awake for thirty minutes and shaking off the drowsiness hadn't gotten any easier since she left her apartment. The call from Gideon had woken her up from her measly two hours of sleep and to say she was exhausted was an understatement. With her brother's wedding only a few days away, all the last minute arrangements and details were left for her to finalize.

She was determined to make sure this wedding went perfectly according to plan. She, as well as her family, needed it to. Considering the date of the wedding just so happened to fall near the anniversary of her parents and Charlie's death made it all the more important. They needed something good to cling to these next couple of weeks.

As she headed towards the elevators, she caught sight of JJ, Garcia, and Spencer all standing of the elevator. JJ smiled at her as Garcia waved her over. She quickly hopped on as Spencer held the door for her.

"Good morning, my fine friends," the tech analyst chirped. Caroline smiled at her. Even at 2 A.M. in the morning, Garcia was still bright and bubbly.

"Good morning, crazy person," she replied to her friend as the elevator doors shut in front of them. She heard a giggle from behind her.

"You know, today is just an extra special day," Garcia continued. "Do you wanna know why?"

Caroline went quiet. Spencer tilted his head at the tech analyst, his eyebrows knitted together in confusion. JJ, however, seemed to be in on Garcia's plan.

"Why is that?" She asked, the pitch of her voice going up as she mocked her confusion.

"Because," the tech analyst said as she wrapped her arm around Caroline's shoulders, "it just so happens to be a very special someone's 23rd birthday!"

JJ simply grinned at her as Spencer stared at her in shock. Caroline forced a smile on her face.

"Why didn't you tell me?" The young doctor asked, his eyes wide. "If I would've known—"