New Changes

AUTHOR'S NOTE: So, the Lion cub above is suppose to be Adia (not sure if the lion in the photo is a female or male. We are just going to pretend that it is a girl for the story lol). Isn't the cub so cute? 😍❤️ You may read and enjoy chapter 2 below!

Xoxo,

Skyy15

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Adia

I kept staring at the cave's entrance/exit hoping and praying that daddy is okay. Mom was able to return home safe from the fight. He's been missing all day.

"Don't worry Adia, your father will be home. Now come along and join your sister for a nap." Said mom.

I sigh sadly and closed my eyes tight as a tear fell down my cheek. Yeah my dad normally stays out all day and night, but not a day like this. This day is different from the rest. I am worried...

I felt something pick me up by the scruff. I open my light brown eyes and see its Mommy. Great so now I'm forced to take a nap.

She lay me down next to my twin sister Chauna who is already fast asleep.

"When you wake up, your father will be here. Trust me! Now get some rest." Mom said, this time with a smile. She licks the top of my head.

"Okay, mama..." I replied.

I close my eyes and try to sleep. But i just couldn't. My mind has so many questions roaming around. I laid there thinking, pretending that i was sleep.

"Aala?"

"Kion?"

My eyes snap back open. Is that daddy?

Mom got up quick on her paws and rush outside the cave. I sat halfway up with curiosity.

"Chauna, Chauna wake up!"

I nudge Chauna's head with my head and gently bit her left ear to wake her. She slowly opened her red wine colored eyes with a groan.

"What is it now Adia? This better be good to interrupt my nap."

"I think daddy is home!"

Chauna slowly sat up and yawned. "What?"

Mom comes back into the cave this time with daddy. I smile with excitement.

"Daddy!!"

I got up on my small paws so fast and rushed over to hug him.

"Hey little lady, I thought you were asleep like I've told you." Mom grinned.

Daddy picked me up and sat me on his head. He chuckled, "You know cubs never listen and do what they are told. Besides, Adia always wait until i get home."

Chauna finally joins and hugged daddy's front legs.

"Alright girls, let your father get his rest. It's been a very long exhausting day I'm sure." Said mom, laying down.

Daddy laid close down beside her. I slide down the back of his head onto his back and laid there, while Chauna laid comfortable between his big front paws.

"So, what happened? Where did you go?" Mom asked him.

"It's a very long story, too much to explain. But to make it short, Heri and Makosa had a one on one fight." Daddy replied.

"What?!"

"I know."

"Well, who won?"

Daddy paused for a few moments. He furrow his brows as if he is in a deep frustrating thought. He then says, "Heri."

Mom looks shocked. "Wow..."

"Yeah."

"So, what about Makosa? Is he still alive or?"

Daddy nodded. "Yeah he's alive. I'm not sure what's going to happen to him. That's up for Kovu to decide since he's the King. I'm pretty sure he's going to make him leave the Pride."

Mom shook her head. "That's awful. Well, who am i to judge. I was never part royalty so i dont know anything about it. I'm sure Kiara and Kovu have everything under control. They're doing it for the best and for the Pride's future. Maybe Heri becoming the next future King instead of Makosa wouldn't be a bad idea. Of course he's going to need training from Kovu, but hey like i said it shouldn't be bad. Heri is a gentleman and is more down to earth like his mother. He has a good personality."

"Yeah he does. He reminds me of my father in a strangely weird way..."

"How so?"

"My father long ago almost sacrificed his life to save his family and pride away from an evil lion named Scar in order to take his place back as the future King. If my father didn't, we wouldn't even be here..."

Mom nodded, "I see. Your father was a great lion. I've heard that tale before from your sister when i first joined the Pride."

Daddy looked at mom and smiled. "Yeah."

"So, where is Heri?"

"With Kiara and Kovu. They're going make a special announcement tomorrow to the whole Pride about the changes in the royal family. All the animals will be here too."

"Wow, they're very serious and pushing this really fast."

"Well yes. The word have to spread quickly. We're not the only lion pride in the African Savannah as you know."

Mom rolled her eyes and snorted. "Duh, i know."

Daddy laughed while she hit his face playfully with her paw.

"I just hope this new change will be a good one. This may not affect our futures, but it'll surely affect Adia and Chauna's. They're still young and have a long time before they reach our age."

"They're going to be fine. This is how it should have been a long time ago. Heri's quote on quote death is what changed up everything. But i do feel bad for Makosa. He had high hopes in becoming King. Kovu has given him all the knowledge and strength he needed. He was fully prepared, unlike Heri who will need LOTS of training. It'll take him months probably."

Mom placed her paw on top of daddy's and chuckled. "You overthink and worry too much. That is for Kiara and Kovu to think about and handle. They are our nephews, not children. All we do is support whatever decision is made and move on with our lives."

Daddy nodded. "Your right, honey."

"Now, lets all get some sleep. I know today was too much."

"Yeah it was for me especially. I got too involved in family business that kept me distracted away from the hyenas. I hope they've learned their lesson!"

"I've heard from one of the Pride lionesses saying that there was a flood close by their home. I know they are our enemies and all, but i hope they're at least okay. That sucks to not have a home..."

"Yeah...I'll investigate in it tomorrow after the special announcement. I'm tired and sleepy now."

Mom didn't say anything but close her eyes and lay her head on daddy's right shoulder. Daddy also closed his eyes. Just like that we've all fallen deep asleep. I cant believe what I've just heard though. My two big cousins were fighting over to be the next King? So now Heri is next in line, not Makosa. Wow...

I wonder how the rest of the Pride and animals will react to this tomorrow...