Trouble At The Borders

A/N: Heri (top) and one of Kizza's eldest brothers Ranako (bottom).

***********************

Heri

"How do you feel now, my precious flower?"

"Better! Maybe that was all I needed is some exercise. I've been inside the cavern a lot lately now...I should force myself to come outside more and enjoy the fresh air."

Auni and I are taking morning walks around the Pride Lands. She did not want any of the breakfast that the hunting party had brought home, which was zebra. Auni loves zebra which surprises me! But Auni I notice is becoming more picky on what she wants to eat nowadays as time passes. It is all a part of her pregnancy.

"Yeah you should, Auni. I understand that you are just trying to make sure that you and our unborn baby is safe. But this is the Pride Lands for crying out loud! We are living in a beautiful, safe enough environment. Nothing will harm us. You know the hyenas are currently living in the Free Lands way out on the other side of the Savanna. So we're good! Everything is okay, I promise. Even though I have missed out majority growing up here into an adult, the Pride Lands still looks the same. Nothing has changed since my absence. My parents have done an amazing job taking care of my grandparents lands, Simba and Nala." I explained, after rubbing my black nose against her right cheek.

She smiles, softly purring. "Okay, you're right Heri. I do trust your words! And yes, Queen Kiara and King Kovu are very excellent rulers. I do hope that we both continue following their paths and one day become an exact copy of them."

"Yep, only time will tell..."

"I am very positive that we will Heri. Even your mother thinks so! Every time when we end my Queen lessons, she always give back great feedback on how I've been doing lately and the same thing about you. Your father tells your mother great feedback as well each night she says."

I look at her shocked and amazed. "Really?"

Auni nodded as we continue our walk closely side by side. "Yes, I am not lying on this."

"Well, what did my father tell my mother? I trust it is all good feedback!"

"Haha, it is babe relax!"

I slightly chuckle. "Heh, sorry..."

Auni shakes her head with laughter and playfully rolled her chestnut color eyes. "Okay so, Queen Kiara told me that your father thinks you are doing a fantastic job so far on your King lessons and training. Already King Kovu can see you as very brave, serious, caring about becoming King later on, confident, courageous, very intelligent, and lastly independent lion."

I smile widely feeling appreciative and honored. "Wow, he really thinks that?"

"Yes! Your father sees so much potential in you, Heri. He believes that you will do a nice job at ruling; after he decides to step down from the throne of course."

"Right. But I already spoken privately to my father about that. There is no rush for the throne yet. My father can step down whenever he wants and ready. In the meantime, you and I can continue learning more about royalty and it's kingdom. Also, focusing more on our future little one that is inside you. That is our most important concern right now. Am I not Correct?"