Search Parties

A/N: Hey guys! I just want to make a quick note. The lioness on the left is 'Maha' and the lioness on the right is 'Jamila' with her son 'Asim' and adoptive daughter 'Shani' 😊. You may read and enjoy the new chapter below!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maha

The early morning sun was already well risen and the grass shone like it had its own gentle glow from within. The mountains are silhouettes against a crimson sky. I know it's early morning because, I can hear the birds from outside the cavern singing their normal tune.

I raise my head from off my colorless paws and opened my teal color eyes with a yawn welcoming the new day. I see my sister Kiara and brother in-law Kovu promptly walking out of the cavern together with two lions close behind them. Those lions are "Kwame" and "Amai".

They are guests who came last night asking our Pride for help to search for their lost daughter "Iniko". Kiara and Kovu were nice to let them rest at Pride Rock for the night. They know how worried these parents are and were once in their paws before when they had lost my nephew Heri.

Now today is the day we help them. Kovu will place everyone in search groups. My brother Kion and his Lion Guard will also be participating too. Some pride lions are already walking out of the cavern to start. I got up on my four paws with a long stretch then joined everyone outside.

The whole Pride has formed a large circle around Kiara, Kovu, Kwame, and Amai. I found a spot next to Auni and sat down listening to the instructions.

"Good morning, everyone! Glad to have you all here and awake." My sister Kiara, greets with a tender smile. "If you remember from last night, we have two lion guests at Pride Rock. Their names are Kwame and Amai! They need our help in finding their infant cub Iniko. She has been missing for a while. It is important that we all come together as one and show them our love, concern, support, and sympathy. There could be clues around the Pride Lands, who knows! It wouldn't hurt to look and try right?"

Everyone nodded their heads agreeing with the Queen.

"That is so awful! Of course we can help, your highness." Said a random lioness.

"Yeah, this could happen to any of us who are parents here!" Said Aala, Kion's wife.

"Great!" Kiara replied, thrilled.

"Thank you all! We truly do appreciate it." Smiled Amai happily.

Kwame nuzzles her warmly while smiling too.

"Alright, I am going to place everyone in separate groups. The more eyes, ears, and noses we have the better!" Said Kovu. "Aala, Maha, Kisima, and Mila you're group 1. Group 2 will be me, Kiara, Kwame, and Amai. Group 3 will be Karima, Nia, Fasaha, and Asali. Group 4 is Auni, Zuri, Tiifu, and Hazina. Lastly, group 5 is Kion, Ishara, Mheetu, and the Lion Guard team."

Heri shows up with Ishara, Mheetu, Kion, and the Lion Guard team behind him. He walks up to his fiancé Auni with worry and care.

"Auni, are you sure you should be attending this search with everyone? Maybe you should stay home with Haiba and the cubs who can't tag along." Said Heri.

Auni rolls her chestnut colored eyes with annoyance. "Heri don't you worry, I will be fine okay? It's not like I'll be going alone. The whole Pride is coming! I am going to be safe."

"I understand, but the search could take all day. It's not good for you to be on your paws that long. They can swell bad! Plus, the strong heat from the sun isn't good for you and our unborn."