Royal Lessons

A/N: The top and bottom illustration is to show both Heri and Auni. Aren't the lions so cute? 💕😩. I am soooo on the roll with these updates. I can't stop writing! Haha, you may enjoy and read chapter 6 below!

•••••••••••••••

Auni

The early morning sun was already well risen and the grass shone like it had its own gentle glow from within. The air felt chilly, that same coolness combined with moisture. The birds are doing their normal morning tune while the herds are feasting on tasty vegetation.

I opened my chestnut colored eyes seeing that morning has arrived. I rolled over from off my back now laying on my left side. I notice Heri is gone. He probably had went somewhere with his father. King Kovu might be teaching Heri already on how to be King. There isn't enough time to waste.

Queen Kiara and King Kovu are both aging. Their old, but not too old if you know what I mean. They are no where near elders yet, but will be there soon as more years come. They have to teach us every thing they know about being rulers and more important facts about the kingdom before they join the heavenly skies.

I couldn't help but to think about what happened last night. My best friend Bahiya is gone. She left the Pride Lands to live happily with her husband Makosa the Prince. I am happy for her decision. Everyone deserves to be happy and live with peace. It's what she wanted. I am just going to miss her. I have no one to talk to about personal things except for Heri of course. But i need a best friend. I dont have one here anymore. Bahiya was the only one. Perhaps I could become more closer friends with Maha. She is Heri's Aunt, we're going to become family soon anyways once married.

Queen Kiara was already talking to my mom about planning the wedding. I laughed at the thought. The Queen is such a happy, loving, and generous spirit. Marrying Heri will be the best day of my life! But i am not rushing it. I want to continue to take things slow. Everything has all happened at once with me now becoming the new Future Queen. It is a lot to take in. I was hoping Bahiya would have stayed and taught me every thing she knows about being Future Queen. But it's okay, Queen Kiara will show me the ropes!

"Good morning, Auni!"

It's Queen Kiara entering inside the cavern. I had no idea she was gone too. I thought she in the back of the cave sleeping still.

"Good morning, your highness!" I greet back, with a smile.

"I am glad that you are awake. I wanted to take you on your first Queen lesson."

"Oh, okay sure! I am ready."

I quickly got up on my paws and walked happily over to her. She chuckled at my excitement.

"Great, now follow me." She said, while exiting out the cave.

My mother and brother are both still sleeping. They won't even notice that I am gone. They'll probably think I'm with Heri anyways or hunting. I didn't worry about it. I cant believe i am about to start my first lesson! Yay!! Okay Auni, be serious.

I followed Queen Kiara down Pride Rock into the tall grasses. She suddenly came to a stop which caused for me to bump behind her.

"Oops! I am so sorry, your highness. It won't ever happen again." I apologized.

"It's okay. I was just simply testing you. Sometimes I will do that to see if you were paying attention. I see that you weren't." She said, not so impressed.

Dammit Auni, you messed up already! I lowered my ears. She turned around seeing my dad expression.

"Don't worry Auni, it's only day 1 of your lesson. I expect you to have a few mistakes. No one is perfect! Remember that."