No Longer Small

A/N: Hey guys!! The image above is to show both Adia (The Top) and Chauna with Mosi (The Bottom). Yes, they do look older but not so much yet. When I found these images, it said that the lionesses and male are 8 months old.

Adia and Chauna share the same age just like their cousin Mosi. This is the right time period for them. I've noticed that I have kept them all as little cubs for so long. They've been cubs since "Makosa's Beginning" book😂. This is making me emotional that my young characters are growing up so fast! 😢

Anyway, you may read and enjoy the new chapter below!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adia

The rain has finally come to a stop in the Pride Lands. The sun slowly emerges from behind the now white clouds, making its first appearance into the day. The air is no longer cool. Instead, the warm winds blow across the plains making the grasses sway back and forth. Lions at the magnificent Pride Rock step out of the large cavern for the first time today.

"Yes, no more rain! Now I can finally stretch out my legs." Said my cousin "Mosi" with excitement.

He rushed out of the cavern first, running down Pride Rock's rocky steps. My twin sister "Chauna" runs after him.

"Hey, wait up Mosi!" She called, while laughing.

I shake my head at their childish behaviors. I chose to walk instead of running. I had no idea where my parents are. My mother must have joined the hunting party for the afternoon shift and my father is probably with the Lion Guard as usual.

My father decided to give me the day off from my Lion Guard training. I bet you are wondering how it's been going? It's been going pretty well! I have not failed a lesson yet. For a beginner, that is really amazing. My Uncle Kovu trusts that I will turn out to be just like my father in protecting the Pride Lands. I have always been a fast learner since early cub-hood unlike my sister Chauna.

Chauna has been training hard with mother on becoming the next huntress in the hunting party. She's been having trouble with her pouncing and not being able to stay silent in stalking her prey. I know for a fact she will succeed someday and will shock us all. Remember, practice makes perfect! But for today, Chauna has also been given the day off too.

I follow her and Mosi inside the open wide plains. They chase each other around like big cubs (technically we are since we're no longer small).

"I'm gonna get ya Mosi!" Chauna grins.

"Yeah, right! I'll believe it Chauna when it actually happens." He laughed, teasing.

Chauna frowned. She speeds up her running pace. I stood watching them from afar. Mosi tricks her and makes a sharp right away from a tree.

"Chauna look out!" I shout.

Chauna gasps and tried to stop running, but ended up sliding straight into the tree hitting her head in the process. A bird nest falls down from the high branch and landed safely on her head.

I run over to her aid to see if she is alright. "Chauna, are you okay?!"

She slowly sits up and rub the side of her head with a groan. "Yeah...I'm fine, I think."

Mosi jogs over too, to check to see if she is okay. "Whoa, that is one nice bump on your head!"

Chauna growls and finally pounced on him. Mosi falls over while I chuckled shaking my head once again.

"Hey, that is cheating!" Mosi frowned.

Chauna smirked, "Not really."

"Chauna, you have a bird nest on your head." I point.

"Huh?"

Chauna got off of Mosi and pat her head with her paw feeling the bird's nest. She giggled and gently took it off.

"Wow, I had no idea! Good thing there are no eggs in here." She said.

"We should put it back before the owner comes. Getting pecked by an angry bird is no joke, trust me! I had experience..." Said Mosi, while standing back up on his paws.

I nodded. "Yeah, let's do it!"

Chauna looks confused. "But how Adia? That branch is up way too high. We're lions not leopards. We don't climb that high up trees!"

"Mosi and I will give you a boost."

"But...but, I don't like heights!"

Mosi rolled his bluish green eyes with annoyance. "Ugh fine, I'll do it."

Chauna and I both happily smile. "Yay!"

The three of us walked over to the tree with Mosi carefully carrying the bird's nest with his teeth. Chauna crouches down first. I climbed on her back crouching down next.

"Is this high enough for you, Mosi?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yup! Now stay still."

Mosi climbs up on my back. It made me move a little. He's so darn heavy!

"Geez Mosi! What do you eat?" I groaned, with complaint.

Mosi quickly placed the nest back on its branch and hopped down from off my back. Chauna falls on her belly with me falling on top of her.

"Gosh, you guys are so heavy!" She said.

I got off her while stretching out my back. "Me heavy? You should feel Mosi on your back next!"

"No thanks!"

Mosi rolled his eyes again. "You both are just weaklings."

I pawed at his face playfully while he laughs. It is amazing how fast we are all growing. As a little cub, Mosi did not have a hair brown patch of hair on his head. Now it has grown just a little bit more but not fully yet. He also has small brown hair on his chest. Soon as more time comes, it will all form into a wonderful full mane.

Chauna is beginning to start looking more like our mother in color with our father's facial features. She has always been pretty and adorable. Her immature behavior is now blossoming into a mature, friendly, loving, very playful lioness. Me? I have our father's color with my mother's gorgeous facial features. My personality is still the same. Unlike my sister, I am more firm, relaxed, fierce, a fast learner, very mature, and highly intelligent. Pride members have always complimented on our looks. Soon it will be time to leave behind our cub-hood and welcome in adolescent.

I cannot wait until those days come! That is when father will allow me to join him on patrols with the Lion Guard. Right now, he tells me to stay home. He still thinks it is too dangerous for me to tag along. So for now, we just go over my lessons. They will all come in handy someday and when that day comes I will make Pride Land history. I will become the first lioness to lead the Lion Guard. There have always been male leaders across the years, so this will be very interesting.

I will never let my parents, Aunt Kiara, or Uncle Kovu down. Even my big cousin Heri and his girlfriend Auni. When they become rulers, that's probably when I will start joining the Guard team officially. They all depend on me next to protect the kingdom and Circle of Life. One little mistake could end everything...

"Adia?!"

"Huh, what?"

"We've been calling you five times!" Laughed my sister. "Come on, the hunting party has announced lunch is home."

Chauna and Mosi ran back to Pride Rock. Those two are always in a rush when it comes to playing or food. I trail slowly behind them. I look up at the afternoon sky and smiled.

I have strong faith to be an excellent, brave, and fierce Lion Guard leader like my father...

I will not fail him...