The Amazing News

A/N: The image above is to show Heri and Auni ☺️. I just looooove this couple so much like omg ❤️😩. Anyway, you may enjoy and read chapter 14 below!

•••••••••

Heri

I woke up with a yawn and long stretch. I didn't find Auni laying next to me, she must of went to hunt breakfast with the hunting party. I know what you are all thinking. Isn't Auni pregnant? Shouldn't she not hunt? Auni is in the very early beginning stage of her pregnancy. It is safe for her to hunt for now until she has reached the later stages of her pregnancy. No one in pride still doesn't know about it yet, not even my parents or her mother. Soon, we will tell them when it is the right time. Right now we do not need to rush.

I still can't believe that I am going to become a father in 110 days (which is 3 months). When mother finds out she is going be so excited and happy. Father might pass out and the rest of the kingdom will cheer us on knowing that another small heir will be joining the Circle of Life. I smile widely at the thought. I know Auni and I will become great parents. We are both gentle, soft, playful, and very protective of each other. Raising a cub won't be so bad! Besides, we have our parents and pride to help us if we need it. I just can not wait for the day when he or she is born!

"Heri, breakfast is ready!" Auni called, from outside the cavern.

Auni and the hunting party are back already? How long was I asleep? Anyway, I got up on my paws with one final stretch and walked out of the cavern meeting up with my now fiance. Yes, technically we are engaged since we are betrothed next in line for the throne. Auni nuzzles warmly on my dark brown mane.

I purr, "Good morning Auni! What did you ladies catch today?"

"Wildebeest." She replied.

"Wow, we haven't had that in a while. I see they have returned from their big migration."

"Yep! Come on, everyone is behind Pride Rock eating. You might want to hurry before there is nothing left for us both to eat."

She is right. Since we live in a very large pride, food goes away fast since there are more mouths to feed. I don't mind missing a meal though. I can always hunt myself something later. Auni really need this more. She is eating for two now! I follow her behind Pride Rock. Lions are all feasting on the wildebeest carcass. Auni and I managed to squeeze ourselves tightly in. I tore a big enough piece for Auni and I to share.

"Thanks!" She smiles, before digging in.

I nodded, "No problem!"

After breakfast, we decided to go for a nice walk around the Pride Lands. It was beautiful morning today so why not enjoy the weather?

A blue butterfly flies around my head. "I didn't see my parents at breakfast today. Maybe they've had another one of their special meetings to attend?"

"Your parents went with Kion and his Lion Guard team at dawn. They've left my brother in charge of the pride until they return." Auni simply replied, while looking up at the clear blue sky.

"Why? Did something bad happened?"

"Ishara had mentioned something about them going on a big search to find the hyenas."

I raise a brow. "The hyenas?! Why?"

Auni laughs. "Heri you sure do know how to ask a lot of questions. Dont worry, I am sure your parents and uncle have everything under control."

"Yeah, but it does seem like something bad may have happened for them to go find the hyenas. Should we go try and catch up with them?"

"No, that wont be necessary. If they needed our help they would have asked us to join earlier. I am sure they are going to find the hyenas to help find them a better safer home. There was a flood the day before yesterday at the Out Lands. It had destroyed the hyenas home I assume. The hyenas don't have anywhere else to go and I am sure they're all over the Pride Lands scattered somewhere. But again, your parents and uncle know what to do. Don't stress yourself about it. Things will be okay!"