A Returning Friend

Makosa

The lake lay silver in the bright light of the afternoon sun. The rippled water ran right into the crevices, washing the soil from the rocks. Around the edges were pines, chaotic in their spacing but never more than a few feet without a tree. The lake was a perfect reflection for the mountains that surrounded it.

From above that watery world was so clear and perfect it could be another dimension, waiting for someone to dare enter it. But with each paw or hooves dipped into it, the ripples distorted that submerged kingdom, locking us into our own, forbidding our entry.

My Uncle Kopa and Aunt Vitani live in such a lovely good area. It does remind me of the Pride Lands in a special kind of way. Every spot here is so quiet and relaxing. It gives you a very soft, peaceful vibe. I can actually hear myself think! I take a cool drink from the lake and sat down enjoying the beautiful scenery.

Today Bahiya and I will be leaving this wonderful land. It has been great to finally see and catch up with my dad's side of the family, his sister Vitani (my aunt) and her growing family. I wish to stay longer, but I can't. Bahiya and I must get back on the road to find our own dream home again. I sure do hope that it will be something like the Pride Lands or even this land. That would be fantastic!

"Dear?" A voice questioned.

I turn my head looking over my right shoulder. I see my beautiful wife come forward through the tall grasses. She smiles warmly and brushed her side against my own.

"Good afternoon honey!" I greet. "Ready to start our journey again?"

She sat down next to me close. "Not really. I am going to miss this land, but we do need to continue on our search!"

"I know. Everything here is so damn perfect! But I would like for us to have our own space though. We can always come back and visit them again after we have everything settled at our new Pride."

"That is very true, Kosa! Okay."

I smiled. "I am still excited and glad to have seen them both. Its been years! My parents would have been happy to hear that my Aunt and Uncle are still doing alright on their own with their now growing family. Aiysha is going to become a good mother!"

Bahiya nodded her head. "Yes, she will. We had so many private talks about it together. She even told me some baby names that I thought were absolutely amazing! But I won't share them out to anyone. Everyone will just have to wait until they are born."

"Haha, okay that is quite fair."

We both sat there in silence watching the ducks and other species of birds play around in the lake.

"Good afternoon you two!" Said a deep voice.

We turn our heads to the left seeing my Uncle Kopa come forward. In his mouth he is carrying a piece of meat from an antelope. Beside him Aunt Vitani walks closely.

"Good afternoon!" Bahiya and I both greeted in sync.

"We thought about you two and knew that you will be leaving us shortly. So we figured to give you guys some of our lunch to help start off your journey. It will boost up your energy!" Said Aunt Vitani.

Uncle Kopa sat down the piece of meat in front of Bahiya and I's paws.

"Wow, thank you!" Said Bahiya. She looks pleased.