Trouble In The Wet Lands

A/N: The image above is to show Maha and Kion. I have noticed that I did not make any chapters with Maha and Kion together like I've done Maha with Kiara. We all know Maha and Kiara have a very close sisterly bond. It would be nice to see a sweet Sister and Brother bond too! So I want to dedicate this chapter to that ☺️.

Also on the previous page, you all agreed that my next Lion King book series should be about Kopa and Vitani's life with their own family. I will plot out the story and post it on Wattpad VERY soon. I don't want to jump into a whole brand new book without finishing this one first and we have a LOOOOONG way before this book is done too. There are many chapters to go! 😁

Now, you may read and enjoy chapter 18 below!

Xoxo,

Skyy15❤️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maha

Morning has left revealing the next new hour of the day. The afternoon sun shines bright across the Pride Lands. The heat begins to rise, but not too hot. The dry season will be approaching soon. That means the herds will leave the Pride Lands to migrate for more water and greener grasses.

Us lions are smart. We always have a plan and know exactly what to do when this particular season comes. That means we have to search a little out of the Pride Lands to hunt more, since food will become scarce. Right now we still have time to feed and drink as much as we want.

It is my turn now to do the afternoon hunt with the hunting party. In my group I have Kisima, Asali (means honey in Swahili), and Fasaha (means well spoken in Swahili). The lead huntress Karima (means generous in Swahili) is in a group with Nia, Aala, and Hazina (means treasure in Swahili). We are hiding behind large bushes spying on a herd of Buffaloes.

"Okay girls, see anything appealing?" Karima asks.

"I see one eating outside of the herd. It looks like it had been in a few bad fights." Said Asali.

Asali points her paw at an old bull. He does have a lot of claw marks on his body. Perhaps he has fought off many predators that tried to eat him before or attacked the herd.

"Good job Asali! This guy will be simple to take down with all of us here. But the trick is that we have to keep an close eye out from the herd. They may try to defend him." Said Karima.

"How about some of us distract the herd keeping them away?" Nia asked.

"Yeah, that way we will have the Buffalo alone and cornered!" Kisima nodded, in agreement.

Karima smiles nodding her head. She approves the smart idea. "Excellent team thoughts ladies! Okay, Maha your group go distract the Buffaloes while the rest of us wait here for the signal." She ordered.

I nod my head without a word and turned around walking away with my group following close behind my tail. We walked carefully to not make any sudden sounds and stayed pretty hidden inside the grasses. Our furs are able to blend in and camouflage perfectly. Buffaloes have poor eyesight and sense of hearing, but their sense of smell is excellent.

One of the buffaloes had stopped grazing in the grass and gave the air a sniff. It scanned its eyes around.

"They must know that we're here." Said Fasaha, whispering.

"Yeah, but they can't see us though. That is what makes it so easy! They only rely on their sense of smell to guide them." I replied.

"Interesting! I did not know that..." Said Kisima.