Chapter 12: Sorry

Riley

It's been two weeks.

Two fucking weeks.

What was the point of giving them our phone number if they haven't even called?

Not that I'm worrying about it all the time but it's kinda sad.

"I don't have to work today," Celine announced.

"Me neither," Melanie said.

"But I do. Not fair," I groaned and pouted my lips, "Hey, what about you come and sit at the bar to keep me company while I'm working?"

"I dunno..." Melanie whined and layed all over the couch.

"You don't know, huh?" I asked her.

"What? No! I'm coming, I'm coming, I'll be there! A-and Celine will be there too!" Melanie said, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Thank you, Melanie. I get it, you're trying to save your own ass but maybe I had plans?" Celine angrily said.

"Oh, did you?" Melanie finally asked.

"No, I didn't," Celine answered and laughed, "I would've agreed to come anyway. I've got nothing to do."

"I was just helping you so you wouldn't need to waste your energy by moving your pretty mouth," Melanie gave her a smile and rolled off of the couch and walked into the kitchen.

"When do you leave?" Celine looked at me over her shoulder.

"In an hour or so. We've got to get ready."

Then the phone rang. Since I was the closest one to it, I immediately picked it up.

"Shut up, idiot! I'm talking to them!" it was Axl who yelled.

Then there was silence.

"Hello?" I called for someone on the other side.

"Hey, sorry, Duff and Slash wouldn't shut up," Axl apologized.

I giggled, "So, you're sorry about that?"

"Yes, and I'm also sorry about avoiding you for so long, I just couldn't find the piece of paper where you wrote down your number and then I found it in the bathroom but I couldn't find time to call you," he explained the whole situation to me.

I giggled again, "Why was it in the bathroom?"

"It doesn't matter," Axl murmured, "Got any plans?"

"Yup," I shortly answered.

"Aww, that's sad. I wanted to hang out with you," he whined like a child, "Maybe you could cancel those plans? For me?"

I tried my best not to laugh, "You sound like a little child. And, no, I can't."

"Why not?" Axl whined again.

"Because I have to work."

"Where do you work?" He asked me.

"You know where I work."

"Right," he mumbled, "Well, then I'll see you later!"

And then Axl hung up. Great.

"Hey, babes!" I shouted and Celine and Melanie came out of their rooms.

"Guess who called?"

"Ah, was it Nick again?" Celine rolled her eyes.

"What?" I stared at her in confusion, "Has he tried to contact you?"

"Well... Yeah. The first time he called me I told him that it's over and blah, blah, blah, you know, I just said all the shit you're supposed to say when you break up with someone," she explained, "Then he called again. And again. And again. I guess he finally understood that he can't find a bitch like me anywhere else and I'm just the best."

I laughed, "Creepy," I paused, "Anyway, Axl called and he 'wanted to hang out with me'. I told him I've got to work and he said he'll be there too. I don't know if he's gonna bring the others with him but I just wanted to let you know. You know, it's kinda weird that he called right when I was thinking about him," I chuckled.

"Maybe you two have a connection," Melanie whispered the last word and waved her hands into the air to make it more dramatic.

I rolled my eyes and tried to hold back the smile.

"We've got to get ready, 'cause we don't have a lot of time left so move your tiny asses back to your caves," I said over my shoulder as I entered my room.

***

I don't know how long Axl has been here but he looks pretty sober so he probably just got here.

Celine and Melanie decided not to come because 'Axl's gonna be there and we don't want to ruin your time with him'. But I'm working so tehnially there's no time. But they didn't aggree to come with me no matter how many times I begged.

I walked the other side of the bar and stood right in front of Axl. He didn't notice me, he was staring into his glass as if he was lost in his own thoughts.

"Hello? Is anyone home?" I said a minute later.

"Oh, hey!" Axl looked up at me and smiled.

I love his smile. And I don't mean that grin that annoys the crap out of me but his smile.

"Where were you?" I asked with a laugh.

"I was in a world full of unicorns and there was green grass and tons of girls and..." Axl beginned but I interupted him.

"Okay, okay, I get it, I don't want to hear any more of it," I laughed.

"Don't you? Aww, that's sad, I was gonna tell you that you were there too and you were wea..."

I interupted Axl again, "Stop it! Stop it! I can only imagine what's going in your mind and I don't wanna know, I don't care. "

"Okay," he paused and I nodded, "But with one condition."

"No-o-o," I groaned, "What is it?"

"Kiss me, little dancer," Axl grinned at me with that annoying but sexy grin that he had on his lips most of the time.

"You're never gonna stop calling me that, right?" I let out a heavy sigh.

"Nope. So, what was I te..." Axl beginned again but I interupted him by smashing my lips against his. I could feel that he wanted more but I had to pull away, I'm working after all.

"You know, I would've done it without you attempting to annoy me," I grinned at him and got back to my work.

Every now and then I would give Axl a drink and stop by him to chat. And he would make a joke or try to get me to kiss him again. Axl stayed at the bar the whole time I was working. I was surprised that it's even possible.

I tapped on Axl's shoulder and he turned his head to see me standing next to him.

"Are you some robot or something? You stayed here the whole time and you look okay while I feel like I'm fucking dead and did you even eat anything?" I asked him everything at once.

Axl grinned and said, "No and no. Your ass kinda saved me, I mean, it was nice looking at it."

My eyes widened, "Oh my god! I hate you!" I squealed and slapped his hand but then he grabbed it and jumped off of the bench.

"Let's go," that's all Axl told me.

"Where?" I was really confused as he dragged me through the bar and out the door.

"You'll see," Axl anwered misteriously, "But don't get your hopes up 'cause it's just my apartment."

"Aww, you ruined the surprise!" I whined sarcastically, "Why are we going there, what if I wanna go back to my apartment?"

Axl suddenly stopped and I bumped into him. He looked at me and grinned.

"Oh," I said when I understood what he meant.

---

I had to upload the previous chapter twice because it didn't get published or something, I dunno BUT HERE YOU GO, ENJOY THIS CHAPTER.

- D