Chapter 29: So This Is It

When they all finally got home, it was already late and the streets of the Boulevard weren't so safe anymore, so all of their drunk asses tried to stick together.  Although, they all somewhat knew what the streets are like and what goes down, but that's not the point. Celine and Izzy were gonna join their friends, but they ended up staying at home and doing their own thing, which, perhaps, was better, since what went down at the bar was a mess. Axl promised to be sober throughout the evening and none of them, really, except maybe for Slash and Duff were in the mood to get all fucked up by alcohol, it wasn't that kind of night. But that's the thing about going out on not-that-kind-of night - once you get to that bar and once you get that nice drink in your hand, it suddenly becomes that-kind-of night, and later you can be found stumbling your way home all drunk and giggly.

So, when they got home, they simply just passed out on the couch. Because what else can you do when you can't even think straight? And that is what they did, without wondering what would happen the next morning, how would they cope with the consequences of what they did that night, none of it mattered at the slightest. Not that it ever really did, to be fair. The couple that stayed at home had eventually taken some shots of whatever was left in the cupboard as well, and they were silently sleeping in a different room.

***

The first one to wake up was Celine and Izzy, they left the room and Celine was surprised by the sight in front of them - Sky and Slash laying behind the couch, Axl and Riley on the couch, her face mushed in his chest, the rest of the band and her friends sleeping on different parts of the floor.

Izzy glanced at Celine's face full of surprise, ''That's normal, for your information.''

The girl was snapped back to reality, she rolled her eyes and went on to bring her friends back to life. And so, everyone was slowly waking up. 

"What the-" Axl suddenly said and pushed Riley off himself, "Oh my god, I'm sorry, fuck!"

"Asshole!" Riley said back and closed her eyes, grabbing her head, "That hurt."

"I said I'm sorry!"

"Doesn't change anything, you still pushed me off like an unwanted piece of- I don't know," Riley groaned back, trying to make it make sense.

"Oh, stop it, you two!" Melanie interrupted, and everyone else murmured something along the lines of "yes" and "mhm".

Duff stumbled into the kitchen, "Is there any beer?"

"Beer? Already? You just woke up, don't be a baby, deal with the hangover as it is," Celine, who was sitting at the kitchen counter, nagged him.

Duff glanced at the girl on the counter and sighed, "Why can't I just simply enjoy the taste of beer?"

"Why can't you just simply enjoy the taste of air?" some laughed in the background.

But they didn't speak much after that. Everyone was a bit frustrated, a bit annoyed and a bit ecstatic as well, because the moment felt like a different part of reality. Riley, Taylor and Melanie had to go to work later, Celine and Melanie were gonna go shopping together, because they both had a day off. The band was gonna do... who even knows. Point is, they had lives to move forward with, but that morning it all disappeared in their minds and they just took in the scenery of bodies laying all over the floor and some of the furniture. 

Finally, someone spoke up, "What's that weird smell?" Slash groaned.

"Doesn't it always smell weird in here?" Sky quickly replied.

"Oh, shut up. No. I mean... Did someone fucking throw up in here?"

Everyone started looking around and noticed Taylor and Steven missing. Celine rushed to the bathroom, as she was the quickest one to notice and was in the best shape after the night before.

What she saw in the bathroom was Steven holding Taylor's hair as she was, well, throwing up. Some of them felt the consequences of getting wasted more than the others. Celine sighed in kind of a relief - she was glad that she had found her friend safe, even if she wasn't doing so well at that moment - and she exited the bathroom. Slash laughed at that.

An hour later everyone had cleaned up the place and, most importantly, themselves. Those, who had to go to work, left with a simple "see you later" and Riley's "you can come visit me at work, that is always fun". Melanie went home, as the only reason she had stayed at the boys' place was to be with her friends, but Celine did not want to leave to go to shopping yet, because she still felt like being with Izzy for a bit. But even Celine left a couple hours later, realising that her boyfriend was being quiet all the time - not really in the mood to do much, besides sitting in silence and relaxing.

After all the girls had left, the apartment was much more quiet, with only a few sounds of glasses clinging against each other and other surfaces, doors opening and closing and someone yelling "Shit!" as they bumped into a piece of furniture or sharp corners of apartment walls. Nothing really reminded of the last night with the girls.

6 months later

"Taylor, where's your spray thing? It's always in your room, where the hell is it now?"

"Don't worry, I took it. Here, catch it!" and like that, a bottle of hairspray flew across the room.

What was happening that moment, was the group of all the girl friends getting ready for GN'R's biggest concert so far. The crowd on the Sunset Boulevard seemed to love what the band was putting out there and loved their performances. Although there were some misunderstandings along the way, it was always something crazy. But that day's concert was apparaently going to be bigger and more important. So, they also wanted to look nicer for such an occasion.

Over the course of 6 months a lot had changed. Some of them were hesitant to go, because thigs were weird in relationships with the band's boys. Riley and Axl didn't really have a steady relationship - although, at the time of that concert, things were pretty well -, Taylor and Steven had split up, for reasons unclear to anyone, because Taylor's was messy and all over the place after the split up and her explanations did not make much sense. And poor Celine was afraid to be in the company of the entire band, because Duff, obviously not in a sober state of mind, tried to kiss her, resulting in Izzy flipping out and everyone getting a confirmation that he did had have a thing for Celine.

The girls went in the bar and headed straight to the backstage. They didn't have any problems getting in, and, as they walked throught the backstage door, they all reminisced the time when they walked throught that door for the first time, when they saw the band's performance for the first time. None of them really enjoyed drowning in nostalgia, but realising how much had happened since the first time they were backstage with the band's boys.

"Hey!" everyone shouted at each other, when the group walked in the backstage room, "Fucking awesome to see you here again!"

THE END

A/N Hey guys! I know I haven't updated this story in a little over a year and now I'm suddenly back and releasing the very last chapter? Ya, that's exactly what I'm doing.

!!!But, first of all, I would like to say, that I hope everyone is staying safe and washing their hands etc etc during this time! I also want to say that I hope everyone is staying safe during this time of protests, police brutality and violence. I fully support the ACAB and BLM movement, and as a broke student there's not much I can do besides speaking out and signing petitions and staying educated on the topic, and my audience is small, but if you're reading this, go to this link: linktr.ee/waystotakeaction to see ways in which you can support the BLM movement!

Okay, back to the story. This ending may feel a little bit rushed or some of you have maybe already forgotten what was going on in this story, like I did, when I finally sat down to finish it a year later haha. This feels so weird, to have finally finished this story after almost 2 years! How crazy! I'll probably be going over the chapters, because I want the story to be told in 3rd person, so I'll do that when I feel like it. Everything aside, thank you for all the support throught the (literally) years of me writing this. Stay safe, stay happy, see you sometime later with more writing and more stories to tell!