The Tower

Everyone knows the story of the princess who's stuck in a tower, waiting for her beloved prince to come rescue her.

No one expected the princess to actually be a boy, one who isn't even royalty. It made little sense to the citizens of O'khasis why their first prince was going to save him.

Laurance huffed as he leaned back in the wooden chair, crossing his arms as the chain attached to his ankle shook. He glared out the window at the eagle circling around the tower, wishing that he had something to hit it with.

"I don't need anyone to save me." He muttered to himself, remembering what the Warlock had told him. "I doubt that they would be able to make it worth my time."

He tapped his foot against the stone floor, now drumming his fingers against the armrests of his chair. He didn't have much to live with, just a chair, a bedroll on a pile of hay, a low table, a window, and a pile of letters in a box. He frowned as his stomach growled, as he had not gotten any oil or sticky buns yet.

Oh, did I mention that he's a Cyborg/Shadow Knight.

Placing one hand on his face, he felt the cold metal half of his face and the protective red lens over his eyes, that hid the bloody redness of the iris of his eyes, and gave him certain warnings. He pulled off one of his gloves to see the metallic hand underneath, and the noticeable wires that ran through his wrists and veins.

"Oh, don't look so sad."

Laurance's eyesight snapped up as he saw the blonde knight sitting on the windowsill.

"How did you get up here?" Laurance demanded, unconsciously setting his programming to Defense Mode. "I would have heard the trapdoor open. Are you playing tricks on me again, Warlock?"

"No, no, I assure you that I am not the Warlock." The knight laughed a bit. "I am Prince Garroth of O'khasis, and I am here to rescue you."

Much to his frustration, Laurance's brain went searching through his knowledge database for everything he knew about Prince Garroth.

Name: Garroth Taylor Ro'Meave.
Titles: Prince Garroth of O'khasis, Commander Garroth.
Parents: Lord Garte of O'khasis, Lady Zianna of O'khasis.
Relatives: Prince Zane of O'khasis, Prince Vylad of O'khasis.
Spouse: Not selected.
Other Important Information: Hates Cyborgs. Despises Shadow Knights. Boy you about to get killed.

Laurance shifted uncomfortably in the chair as that last line came into his eyesight. Everyone knew about Garroth's hatred towards Cyborgs and Shadow Knights. A Shadow Cyborg, which is a cyborg Shadow Knight, was no exception to that hatred.