Shattered Mind

(Why can I imagine so many vines, especially Hardstop Lucas and Quesadilla vines, happening between Garroth and Laurance?)

"Well well.... if it isn't the descendant of Esmund."

Garroth growled lowly as the Shadow Lord rose from his throne, a hideous chair of obsidian, Nether brick, and bones. The heads of many people and creatures lined the walls of his palace, all throughout the corridors and rooms. Behind the throne was a massive window of stained glass, giving a good view of the Nether. At least, what would be considered a good view if you were the Shadow Lord or a Shadow Knight. The best view for a mortal would be one of the way out, the Nether Portal.

"Irene damn you and all of your minions!" Garroth spat, ignoring the blade that was pressed to his throat.

"Do not kill him, Gene." Shad instructed the Shadow Knight, giving him a warning tone and glare. "We need him alive for this war."

"Yes, Lord Shad." Gene nodded, his voice a monotone of obedience and hatred.

"You say that Irene damns my Shadow Knights?" The Divine Warrior questioned, turning his back to the blonde. "That's funny... and what would become of your friend?"

"I have no friends in this hell." The blonde sneered, narrowing his eyes.

"Is that so? The memories that I have seen say otherwise... for example, your brothers." He chuckled darkly, his slightly forked tongue flickering out of his mouth. "Zane and Vylad."

"Vylad died at this bastard's hands, and Zane is not my friend!" He growled, glaring at Gene.

"Then how about your apprentice?" He asked, grinning slowly.

"Zenix lost my friendship a long time ago." Garroth scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Here's one we all know...." Shad started, smirking to the point where his teeth showed. "Laurance."

Hearing the name of his best friend come from Shad's mouth made Garroth's skin crawl. A chill ran down his spine, his heart nearly dropping. His mouth hung open as he was at a loss of words, just staring at the corrupted Divine Warrior. He had been thinking of Laurance the entire time, but he hadn't thought that Shad would have.... how could he have possibly known? Just the thought of Shad being anywhere near the brunette was enough to make Garroth pissed off.

"Don't you dare say his name!!" Garroth screamed, unable to contain his rage.

"Looks like you found a weak spot, Lord Shad." Gene snickered, grinning darkly.

"Yes, it would seem so." Shad nodded, laughing at Garroth's anger. "I can feel your hatred, Esmund. It would seem even the good Gods lack purity in their hearts."

"I am not Esmund, I am his descendant!" He corrected, honestly hating how people called him by his ancestor's name.

"Whatever you go by, I have a gift for you." The Shadow Lord huffed, going over to the wall.

"Whatever your so-called gift is, I don't want it." The descendant stated, slowly regaining his ability to move.

"But I worked so hard on it, it can't just go to waste." The Divine sighed, smirking. "Besides... I think you'd die for this gift."

"Highly unlikely, but feel free to humor me." He huffed, rolling his eyes.

Shad seemed to take that into consideration, his facial expression blank. His eyes soon narrowed, a smirk perking at his lips. He turned back to the wall, pressing in a small section of Nether bricks. A small passageway opened up, and because of the angle he was at, all Garroth could see was darkness. Shad disappeared inside of the passageway, leaving the descendant of the Protector with the immortal Shadow Knight general.