Oneshot I'll Never Finish

"Well then, I'll propose to Laurance!"

Laurance opened his eyes slowly, coming to his senses as he woke up. Seeing even the tiniest bit of light made him close his eyes again with a whine, rolling over and pulling the blanket further over himself. All he wanted right now was to go back to sleep, and sleep until he died.

"Wait.... women can be the ones who propose!?" A deeper voice shouted, but low enough to where it wouldn't have woken him up if he were still asleep.

"That's not the point, Garroth!" Another voice giggled, this one more feminine sounding.

Turning over again, Laurance forced his eyes open as he peeked out from under the blanket. He could see Garroth and Aphmau standing at the other side of the room, talking to each other in low voices. Garroth was blushing a bit as they spoke, which kind of hurt him a bit.

It wouldn't have been much of a surprise if Garroth had fallen in love with Lady Aphmau. It seemed like everyone had fallen for her, male or female. Laurance admitted that he had once loved the black haired beauty, before he woke up and realized that she had eyes for a man she had only known for a short while.

But that was how love worked, he supposed. It was complicated and twisted, and had so many things wrong with it. Maybe that was why he was in love with Garroth. Maybe that was why.

"But you can't!" Garroth shouted to her, his eyes wide as he continued to blush.

"I can and I will!" Aphmau responded, placing her hands on her hips. "What are you going to do to stop me?"

"No you can't! I loved Laurance first!" He snapped, going over to Laurance. "See? He's mine!"

With that, Garroth picked Laurance up in his arms and carried him on his shoulder. He stuck out his tongue at Lady Aphmau, who gave an offended look in return. With a defeated huff she left, flipping her hair with sass.

"Garroth... why are you holding me?" Laurance asked with a groan, making a face as though he had just woke up.

"O-Oh... uh.... there was a spider!" Garroth lied, blushing from embarrassment.

~~~~

Garroth hated when Laurance left him.

He felt so lost and alone, and he always had a fear that something bad would happen to his brunette. His greatest fear was that someone would try to take him away, and he didn't even want to acknowledge the possibility of them succeeding.

Patrolling around the village, Garroth found Lord Cadenza of New Meteli on a visit. Putting a smile on his face, he approached the sister of his dear Laurance. When she turned her head she saw, but nothing in her eyes was friendly like he had been expecting. If anything there was a bitter grudge in them.

"Good day, Lord Cadenza." Garroth greeted, ignoring the cold look in her eyes. "Are you here to see Lady Aphmau?"

"Hmp. Hello, Garroth." Cadenza huffed, tossing her head.

"May I ask what is wrong?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. Cadenza never acted like this towards anyone.

"You're the problem here!" She snapped, glaring at him with hatred. "You've been giving my brother the googly eyes, huh? Well guess what, Garroth, he's off limits!"

"Off limits?" He repeated, taken back by her words.

"Yes. I've already arranged his first date with Vincent." She nodded, smiling. "Oh they would make such a cute couple~!"

Garroth slowly turned his head, like he was looking into some sort of camera.

A few seconds later, he was holding Laurance hostage.

"My precious~!" He hissed, licking Laurance's cheek.