Nightmares

(I have had an idea like this for so long.)

Garroth hugged the brunette closer as the sobbing increased.

The Calling had started again, and it was having terrible effects on Laurance. It had started out the same as always, just an annoying background noise. Then it had turned to making him disoriented and naïve. But now... now it was giving him nightmares, and even night tremors. Night tremors were ordinary nightmares, but they left the person greatly traumatized. At least, that's what Garroth had read once, back at the training academy. This was more severe, though, if they were night tremors.

Garroth looked down at Laurance again as his grip tightened, the two baby blue eyes opening with a jolt. Laurance was gasping for air, his face stained and wet by tears, shaking uncontrollably from whatever he had been put through that night.

"Shh.. Laurance, you're okay, it's okay..." Garroth whispered to him carefully, loosening his grip slightly. "You're awake."

Laurance sniffed and buried his face into Garroth's chest, whimpering. He looked so broken, so hurt. It was almost unbearable for him to see the other like this.

It... hurt Garroth to see Laurance like this. Sure, they had gotten off to a bad start, but they had become best friends soon after. The blonde hadn't even minded when Laurance had seen him without his helmet on, especially because it made him see the brunette blush. He thought he had been hurt whenever Laurance went into his Shadow Knight Form or get an attitude with him, but this... seeing him being mentally tortured and not being able to do anything... it hurt most. It made him remember when he had failed to take care of his real brother.

"Tell me what happened.." He whispered to the brunette, hoping it would help him calm down.

"I.. I was in my room, in my bed, like n-now.." Laurance began, his voice shaky and cracking, flinching from being spoken to. "Y-You were there... you pushed me down and you..."

Garroth let out a small sigh as he ran his fingers through Laurance's hair, suddenly very aware of his actions. If he moved too fast or placed his hand on the wrong area, then Laurance might break down even more.

"You wouldn't stop... I begged and pleaded, but you just wouldn't stop... I didn't want any of it..." He continued, shaking a bit. "The things you did to me... you wouldn't really do those, right..?"

"Of course I wouldn't." Garroth answered almost immediately, feeling a bit offended. Then again, if he had a nightmare about his best friend raping him, he would be suspicious of them too. "I wouldn't hurt you, even if the world depended on it."

Laurance looked up at him with his tear filled eyes, and forced a weak, barely noticeable smile onto his face. He let his head drop back onto the pillow, his eyelids starting to droop again. The Calling was forcing him back into a state of sleep, with horrific nightmares that would be started by it.

"It's okay, Laurance..." Garroth whispered to him, stroking the brunette's cheek with his thumb. "I'll be right here when you wake up. I promise."

Laurance nodded, closing his eyes as the Calling forced him back into sleep. He couldn't help but remember, though, what Garroth had done in his nightmare. He hadn't mentioned it because he didn't want the blonde to leave him. Pushing him down onto the bed was the first thing that had happened, but then after that... he had kissed him.

As the comforting and safe presence of Garroth faded away, a chilly freeze took place.

~~~~

When he woke up, he was sobbing again.

Only this time, he was... in Zoey's room?

He shot upright, wincing at the pain he felt in his abdomen. He wrapped one of his arms around his belly, trying to clear his vision. A pair of hands were placed on his shoulders, trying to gently push him back down.

"Oh, you shouldn't move." Zoey told him with her gentle voice. "You're in a lot of pain."

"I couldn't tell..." Laurance groaned sarcastically, wincing as he layed back down. "Where's Garroth..?"

"Garroth brought you here when you stopped breathing." She answered calmly. "Everyone has been very worried about you. Especially Garroth."

Laurance tried to smile, but couldn't because it caused too much pain. He had only been awake for about a minute or so, and he already felt like going back to sleep. However, with the sunlight that had been on his face, and the Fairy lights above, he couldn't make himself sleep. (Me--)

A few more minutes passed, and the pain had subsided to a more bearable state. Zoey had gone to tell the others that he was awake, and possibly bring one or two of them in to see him. When the door opened back up, Zoey came in with one person behind her.

Garroth.

"Laurance.." Garroth choked on his words as he saw the brunette.

"Hey.." Laurance laughed weakly, coughing a bit.

Garroth walked up to him, looking as though he would break. He reached up with one hand towards Laurance's neck, placing two fingers on his pulse.

"You're alright.." Garroth breathed out, his eyes filling with tears.

"What happened..?" Laurance asked, curious as to what had happened with him.

"You were sobbing again in your sleep, because of the Calling, when you had stopped making sound." He started to explain, stroking his cheek. "At first I thought you woke up, so I tried talking to you. You wouldn't say anything, so I checked your pulse.. and it wasn't there."

Laurance opened his arms and leaned towards the blonde, hugging him carefully. Garroth jumped a but from surprise, but still hugged him back. He made sure that he didn't end up hurting him, but Laurance didn't really care. He rested his chin on Garroth's shoulder, closing his eyes and leaning in more.

"Laurance, can you look at me?" Garroth asked him after a good minute or so. "Zoey, could I speak to Laurance alone?"

Zoey nodded before heading back up the stairs, leaving the two guards alone in the room. Laurance pulled away from the hug, his hands still resting on Garroth's arms. Garroth looked down at him, smiling slightly in a warm way.

"I thought I was going to lose you." Garroth told him with a sigh.

"Garroth, I don't die..." Laurance smiled weakly, laughing a bit with a small blush. "I'm Laurance."

Garroth grinned, before lifting up the brunette's chin. He brought their faces closer together, before their lips connected. Garroth ran the tip of his tongue across Laurance's lips, silently asking for permission to enter his mouth. The brunette parted his lips to a small space. Garroth's tongue end through the small space and glided over Laurance's tongue.

Garroth pulled away slowly, a trail of mixed saliva connecting their mouths. He bit at Laurance's lower lip gently, before the cord broke. Laurance still leaned towards him, whimpering a bit when he didn't meet Garroth's lips again. He looked at Laurance's face, seeing a deep crimson red blush that acted like a mask.

"You look like the tomatoes that grow at the farms." Garroth commented, chuckling a bit.

"You... just k-kissed me..." Laurance whispered faintly, reaching up to brush his fingers against his lips.

"I had wanted to kiss you on your neck, but that area is still very fragile." He said, placing his fingers on his pulse again.

"Why do you keep checking my pulse?" He asked with a whine, shifting a bit on the bed.

"To make sure that you're actuality breathing and alive." He responded, as if it were obvious.

"O-Oh.." He laughed nervously, feeling a bit stupid.

"I love you, Laurance." Garroth said, smiling.

"I love you too, Garroth." Laurance replied with a similar smile.

The two leaned in for another kiss, when the door opened again.

"Oh... am I intruding?" Vincent asked.