Soulmate

A Soulmate.

Laurance doubted that they existed. He had dated people in the past, and all they ever did was cheat and lie. Soulmates were said to be the ideal lovers, the perfect match. In Laurance's opinion, Soulmates were just a thing of stories.

"Hey, Laurance."

Looking up from the book he had been reading, he saw his best friend approaching him. He took his seat at the desk next to the brunette, leaning back in the chair. He pushed the chair outwards, kicking his feet onto the school desktop.

Once again Laurance noticed that Garroth's uniform shoes had been cleaned. Of course that was to be expected, the neat and tidy appearance of his blonde friend was greatly emphasized. Garroth was a part of the Ro'Meave Family, after all. They were perfect.

If Soulmates exist... I hope Garroth finds his someday, Laurance thought.

"So.... what did you do yesterday?" Garroth asked him, wanting to have a conversation before class started.

"Nothing." Laurance lied, pulling his sleeve down more.

"Why'd you pull your sleeve down?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm cold, I don't know why..." He shrugged, lying to his face.

"Still no Soulmate?" He asked, looking at the brunette's chest. "You should have found them by now..."

"I don't have one." He huffed, going back to his book. "You know how much I hate talking about those, Garroth."

"I'm sorry, Laurance. It just seems unusual..." He sighed, getting an idea. "Maybe that's why."

"Excuse me?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You keep saying that Soulmates don't exist, that you don't have one." He explained, hoping he was onto something. "That's why you can't find yours! You keep pushing the idea away!"

"Garroth, please--" Laurance started, before the teacher called out to the class.

"Alright students, take your seats! Get out your homework from last night, and turn to page three hundred thirty seven in your textbooks!" The teacher instructed, closing the door to the classroom. "And Garroth get your feet off the desk!"

Laurance snickered a bit as he got out his homework and textbook. Garroth groaned as he sat normally in the uncomfortable, hard chair. (Seriously though, those chairs made my tailbone hurt.)

Staying silent for a moment, Garroth couldn't help but stare at his brunette best friend.

He was determined to find Laurance's Soulmate, no matter what.

~~~~

"Dad? Do Soulmates exist?"

Garroth decided he would ask his father the question, since his mother was busy and his brothers... they wouldn't have been much help. Especially Zane. He figured that since his father had acted a bit like Laurance back when he was in high school, maybe he could give him some advice.

"Of course they do, Garroth. Why do you think I've been married to your mother for so long?" He answered, not yet looking up from his computer.

"How.... how do you know when you've found your Soulmate?" He asked, shifting on his feet nervously.

"First of all you have to be willing to find your Soulmate. You'll start seeing them in your head all the time, and a string will connect you both when you're kissing each other, or doing... you know.." He explained, looking at him. "Why are you asking?"

"O-Oh, um..... a friend of mine still hasn't found their Soulmate yet, and I wanted to help them!" He nervously laughed, now backing away from him.

"You haven't found your Soulmate yet either, Garroth." He shrugged, going back to his work.

Leaving his father's office, he headed back to his room. Thinking about it all now, the only person he ever really saw in his head was him. But.... they couldn't be.... would he even....?

"Hey." A voice said from behind him, making Garroth turn around.

"Oh, hello baby brother!" Garroth smiled, happy the raven haired male had even talked to him. "What do you need?"

"Your bitch is here." Zane yawned, before heading into his room.

"Hey, watch your mouth!" He growled, glaring at him.

"Oh, I'm sorry. JK, I'm not." He grinned, narrowing his eye. "What're you gonna do, tough guy? Beat me?" (If you read my Zene Oneshots book you already know what's going on.)

"Don't test my patience." He frowned, before going down the staircase.

Sitting on the couch in the living room was Laurance, patiently waiting for Garroth to come down. He blushed lightly as he saw the brunette, remembering what Zane had called him. Clearing his throat slightly, he pushed down the blush so he could face Laurance.

Sitting down next to him, the two were quiet for a moment. For a second Garroth had been afraid that Laurance somehow knew what he had asked his father about, or had heard what Zane had said. Evenn if he had heard either of them, or both if them, he didn't say anything about it.

"So.... where's your science project?" Laurance asked, finally looking at him.

"O-Oh! Right.... it's in my room." Garroth stuttered, standing up and leading the brunette to his bedroom. (*Insert lenny face*)

After a while of working on the project it was finished. Garroth had asked Laurance if he could stay a bit longer, and the brunette thankfully agreed to do so. Right now they were sitting on Garroth's bed, just on their phones. His parents said he shouldn't have friends over if he wasn't going to do anything with them, since all they did was work on their schoolwork and sit on their phones the entire time.

"Hey, um.... Laurance, I was wondering....." Garroth started, blushing nervously. "If I could try something....?"

"Sure, I guess....." Laurance shrugged, looking at him. "What did you want to try?"

Taking a deep breath, Garroth leaned in towards the brunette. Before Laurance could react to what was happening, Garroth pressed his lips against his, locking them in a kiss. He wrapped his arms around Laurance's waist, pulling him in closer. He felt something tightening around his forearm, before he pulled away from the kiss.

Looking at Laurance's face, he smiled as he saw the brunette blushing. He always did find him cuter when vulnerable or blushing. Slowly the brunette looked down at their arms, and Garroth's eyes followed.

Around their forearms were red strings, connected to each other.

"I-I....." Laurance started, looking back up at Garroth.

"See? I told you Soulmates exist." Garroth grinned, kissing him again.