Escapism

"Laurance has been acting off...."

Garroth tensed slightly as Katelyn mentioned the brunette. It wasn't that he didn't like him, it was actually quite the opposite. He had a bit of a crush on him actually, and Katelyn saying that he was acting off... naturally Garroth assumed the worst.

Had Laurance been giving in to his inner Shadow Knight?

"What do you mean?" Garroth asked, deciding to go on a safe route.

"You haven't noticed it?" Katelyn questioned, looking at him in surprise. "He's been staring off into space at random times, talking to himself, and sometimes he glances between his sword and arm..."

"You don't think he's been...." He started, but trailed off as he didn't want to finish his sentence.

"Cutting? Having thoughts of suicide?" She finished, guessing the things he had been thinking about. "I don't know, Garroth... but all I do know is that it isn't healthy for him... even Lucinda said so when she was checking over his body--"

"She did what!?" He demanded, his worried expression turning into a glare.

He knew that Lucinda wasn't one to pay much attention to people's bodies, as she cared much more about who they were as a person. But for her to just checkout his Laurance... he would not tolerate it. Not at all. He would put her on the list he had if he needed to. Very, very high on that list.

"Calm down Garroth." Katelyn sighed, turning back to the water before them. "What else did you expect her to do? Give him a bandage on his thumb and send him off, after he threw himself at a DAMN BEAR!?"

"O-Oh...." He stuttered, chuckling nervously. "Then... I guess it's fine...."

"Why wasn't it fine before?" She questioned, suspicion in her voice. "Oo, you have a crush on her don't you?"

"N-Not on her..." He sighed, a light blush creeping on his face.

"There's. No. Way." She blinked, before grinning widely. "Garroth and Laurance sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

"S-Shut up!" He blushed, crossing his arms. "Just don't tell Lady Aphmau OR, for the love of Lady Irene, Kawaii~Chan!!"

"I make no promises." She snickered, emphasizing the 'no'.

"Whatever... I'm going to check on Laurance." He huffed, storming away from her.

"Just don't grab his butt!" She called out to him, making him glare at her with a red blush.

~~~~

There he was, standing by Ungrth's grave.

Garroth was having second thoughts about approaching the brunette. It wasn't uncommon for Laurance to visit the grave of his deceased best friend and pet, the corrupted Wyvern named Ungrth. But something about this was different... if what Katelyn said was true, then he had come here to clear his mind and make himself feel better.

Sighing quietly, he turned his back to the brunette and the grave. He didn't want to bother Laurance right now, and he especially didn't want to question him about suicidal thoughts while he was at a grave. Sometimes Garroth was surprised that, based off of the things Laurance said, that an imaginary Ungrth hadn't burst out of the ground and bit his head off.

As he was about to leave, he heard the brunette start to speak. Quickly hiding, he feared for a moment that he had spotted him from the corner of his eye. Listening more closely to the words, Garroth realized that he wasn't really addressing anyone. It.... actually sounded like singing.