Lazy Day

"Laurance, wake up."

Garroth tapped his foot against the floor impatiently, his arms crossed as he looked down at the brunette. Laurance was sprawled out on his bed, his hair a mess and his arm dangling over one edge. His pajamas were hugging him snugly, his shirt lifted up over his stomach.

"Laurance, wake up." Garroth repeated, this time shaking the brunette's shoulder.

"Five more minutes...." Laurance whined, burying his face furtgher into the pillow.

"No, you're getting up now." He insisted, grabbing his ankles and pulling him off the bed.

"Noooo!!" He cried, landing with a thud. "It's not fair!!"

"It is ten in the morning!" He shouted, crossing his arms again. "Why could you possibly need this much sleep?"

"I was up all night." He yawned, finally lifting up his head.

"That's your fault." He frowned, grabbing Laurance's arms and lifting him up.

"Oh, yes, of course. It's definitely my fault--" Laurance started.

"Yes, it is." Garroth said with a nod, shaking him.

"THAT YOU SNORE IN YOUR SLEEP." He hissed, not noticing Aphmau standing there.

"Geez, you two sound just like a married couple." She sighed withh a shake of her head, playfully smiling at them. "I can actually see that, you two dating and getting married."

"With all due respect, Lady Aphmau, I'm afraid that will never happen." Garroth said with certainty in his voice, but a furious blush on his face.

"You're pretty red in the face for someone who doesn't agree with the idea." Laurance pointed out with a grin, laughing when the blonde glared at him.

"Oh shut up!" He snapped, his red blush getting more intense.

"Heheheh!" Aphmau laughed with a smile, covering her mouth with one of her hands. "Well, you two would be cute together. Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you two would be going on patrol soon."

"Yes, of course, as soon as Laurance stops being lazy." He nodded, giving the brunette a sideways glance.

"I'm not being lazy!" He argued, puffing his cheeks up as the two laughed.

"Well, I'll be making sure everyone is doing alright." She announced, taking her leave.

"Stay safe, Lady Aphmau." Garroth called after her, looking back at Laurance. "Oh for Lady Irene's sake."

Laurance couldn't help but snicker, wrapping himself in his blanket. He formed it like a cocoon around himself, hunching his shoulders as the door was thrown off the hinges. He smiled innocently as Garroth stormed in, glaring daggers at him.

"Get out there. Now." He ordered, remembering Laurance was in his pajamas. "And get dressed while you're at it."

"Only if you carry me." Laurance insisted, batting his eyelids.

"Fine!" He huffed, picking him up.

~~~~

"Yeah, now we're getting somewhere."

Garroth rolled his eyes and shifted Laurance's weight, using his arms to hold up Laurance's legs. He was patrolling around the village of Phoenix Drop with him, as Laurance used Garroth as some kind of carrier.

"Can you walk yet?" He asked the brunette, keeping his eyes fixed ahead of him.

"No, I'm still too tired." Laurance yawned, grinning as he rested his chin on Garroth's head.

"I'm not carrying you the entire day." He said, sighing.

"Mhm." He hummed, closing his eyes.

"I really don't understand why you can't walk yourself." He sighed, but got no response. ".... Laurance?"

Laurance said nothing, breathing at a steady and even pace as he rested on Garroth's back. Garroth shook his head, but couldn't stop the smile on his face.

"I should've known you would fall asleep." He chuckled, entering the plaza area.

But... you are cute when you're sleeping, Garroth thought.

And so the day went on as usual, only Garroth carried Laurance everywhere. He even stopped to talk to a few of the villagers, and even Lady Aphmau. Eventually the sun set, and the moon rose in the sky. Entering Laurance's room, the blonde placed the brunette down on his bed. He stopped in the doorway, however, and looked back at him. Letting a small smile form on his face, he left the room, knowing he would have to fix the door soon.

One of the brunette's eyes opened, staring into the darkness of his room. He seemed to be staring into distant space, but in truth he was looking at something only magical beings could see. Since he was a Shadow Knight, he counted.

And he winked.

"He said he wouldn't carry me around all day."