Faker (Bad End)

(*love for UnderTale intensifies*)

"Garroth?"

The blonde grunted silently as he heard the other male call his name, turning over on his bed to glare daggers at his wooden door. He had been faking his sickness for a week now, of course people would start to get suspicious of his condition. He had mixed feelings about Laurance being the one to, possibly, confront him. He loved it and hated it athe same time. He should have expected that Aphmau wouldn't check on him. She was perfectly happy with Laurance, after all. Why would she care?

"He's usually awake by now.... sickness or no sickness..." He heard the brunette mutter from the other side. "What if he's hurt? Or worse..."

"Wouldn't you just be thrilled if I dropped dead..." Garroth muttered under his breath, gritting his teeth.

The head guard prayed that his second in command would drop the subject, and go on patrol. He already had a strong feeling that he wouldn't, but it never hurt anyone to have some hope. At least... that's what Garroth once believed.

I had hope for love, Garroth thought bitterly. Pathetic.

"Listen, Garroth, I don't know if you're awake or not, but..." He heard him begin, only to decide not to say anything at all. ".. ngh.. he's most likely still asleep, and even if he isn't, I doubt he wants to bothered..."

With that, he heard the echoes of Laurance's armored boots against the stone floor. The sound of a door creaking open caught his attention. Laurance was downstairs, so it must have either been Garroth's imagination, or Dante.

If Danre is still in bed at this hour, then Laurance is seriously slacking off, Garroth thought, turning over on his bed again.

He huffed at the sunlight pouring through the window of his room, knowing he wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. He knew about the upcoming war between Phoenix Drop and O'khasis. He knew about the storm that would rain down upon the cheerful atmosphere of the village. Finally, something to give Aphmau a reality check, reminding her of their harsh world, and her role as a Lord.

Besides, it wouldn't have been good if he slept this late in the day. Lillian was supposed to come visit him soon enough, and last time she had promised to bring him some more cookies.

After what seemed like hours to him, he finally heard her sweet voice from downstairs. He knew she wasn't naturally that loud, and that she talked so loudly down there to let him know she was there. Although... there was something different this time. Her voice was quiet, too quiet. He had to get up from his bed and press his ear to the door to hear her.

"Ah, hello Laurance." Lillian greeted the brunette, much to Garroth's surprise.

What is he still doing here? The blonde wondered, slightly opening his door.

"Hello Lillian..." Laurance returned the greeting, neither of them hearing his door open. "Here to see Garroth?"

"I would love to see him, but unfortunately I can't right now." She sighed, which also surprised him. She always had time for hi, and she said she would be visiting him today. "I actually came to see you, dear."

That hurt him a lot. Lillian was always so passionate about him, she even admitted to having a little crush on him too! But now all of a sudden she was into Laurance? That bastard Shadow Knight.. he was always taking people away from him!

"Garroth takes top priority. I suggest that you give him the little time you can." Laurance responded to her, making Garroth roll his eyes.

"Oh, but I insist! This actually makes my day so much easier, with you being here." She cheerfully said, before a small shuffling sound was heard. "I got you a gift-- Garroth always said how much you enjoyed maple syrup!"