Famous Last Words

"You... you loved him, didn't you?"

Garroth stared at his baby brother in shock, not expecting to be confronted by the raven haired male. Considering that it was Zane, he examined his brother's face for any hints of poor intentions. There were no signs of evil thoughts visible on his face, just a blank stare that was empty all the way down.

The blonde gave a slow nod, giving him a questioning look as well. Zane sighed, reaching into the pocket of his hoodie. He pulled out a phone, and showed it to him. He immediately recognized it as his own phone, the same one he had had only a few minutes ago.

"Why do you have my phone?" Garroth asked him, tempted to snatch it away.

"I know you were cheating on Laurance, Garroth. It was kind of obvious." Zane answered in a cold tone, giving him a nasty look. ("Because fuck you, that's why!")

Garroth visibly winced at the response, his Werewolf ears going down in shame and guilt. He admitted it, he had been cheating on Laurance while they were all at Starlight. He hated the fact that he had done such a thing that was so traitorous to Laurance's love, but he hadn't felt as much love for the brunette while they were there. And besides, Blaze had been so much more fun and was way more of an idiot like him.

"Was it really...?" The blonde asked, his voice being low for once.

"..... Irene, I didn't want to think it was true..." Zane sighed heavily, looking away as he tossed him his phone. "Why Garroth? Just why?"

"I...." He trailed off, at a loss of words.

"He still loves you Garroth... just know that." His brother said to him before walking away, leaving him alone in the backroom of the Maid Café.

The blonde stared at the door that led into the room, and stayed like that for a good five minutes. It wasn't until Gene came in and told him that it was time to go that he realized it, and muttered out a small apology as he passed by.

He exited the building where he worked and headed towards a car, specifically Blaze's car. The red haired Werewolf grinned widely as he saw the blonde, his tail wagging from all of his excitement. Garroth managed a smile as he got in, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey baby, what's wrong?" Blaze asked him, noticing his unusual mood. "Bad day at work?"

"Yeah, yeah....." Garroth lied, giving a small nod.

"I see. Wanna watch a movie when we get to my place?" He asked, wanting to cheer his boyfriend up.

"Actually, could you just drop me off at my house tonight?" He shook his head, thinking.

"Oh, uh, sure thing...." He nodded, momentarily confused by his request.

~~~~

"Laur? I'm home..."

The brunette didn't even bother looking up from his phone as his boyfriend entered the house, acting like he was listening to music. After removing his coat and shoes, the blonde came over and pushed his phone down. This forced Laurance to look up, and he was met with Garroth's eyes. Mentally sighing, he pulled his earbuds out and sat them on the table.

"I missed you today." Garroth said, a lie straight to his face. "Things haven't been the same since you left the Maid Café."

"Things have been going better since then, I heard. Especially for you." Laurance replied, faking the happy tone in his voice. "Didn't you get a raise?"

"Yeah, yeah I did." He nodded happily, pride filling his eyes. "Aphmau thinks we can really use it, though I don't see why."

Maybe because she believes your lies about me not getting as much money anymore, when really you're giving all your paychecks to Blaze, Laurance thought bitterly.

"Hey, Laurance? There's something.... I want to talk to you about.." The Werewolf sighed, sitting down at the table. "I've wanted to talk to you about this for a while now..."

"You aren't happy in the relationship anymore, you love someone else now. You couldn't bring yourself to tell me because you loved both of us, but now you've made your choice, right?" He questioned, his face entirely blank.

"How did you.....?" Garroth trailed off, his eyes wide with shock.

"It's okay, Garroth. I understand. If being with Blaze makes you happy....." Laurance forced a smile, knowing he could possibly regret his next words. "Then I want you to be with him."

Garroth's eyes filled up with tears, and he started to sob right then and there. Laurance let out a sigh, reaching over to give him a pat on the back to calm him down.

Garroth's reaction was nothing that he expected. The blonde grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, spun him around and slammed his back into the floor. He let out a loud gasp as he realized what he did, backing away from him. Laurance groaned as he sat up, rubbing his back.

"Oh Irene... I'm so, so sorry Laurance....!" The Werewolf whimpered, tears falling. "I don't know what came over me, and I--"

"Don't worry about it, Garroth." He forced a laugh, giving him a hug. "You go and be happy with Blaze. It's not like this is the last time we'll ever see each other."

The Werewolf pulled away, wiping at his face to get rid of the tears. He managed a smile and nodded, but gave him a kiss on the cheek. With that, the blonde left the house and headed for Blaze's.

Laurance stared out the window after him, taking one last look at the love of his life. He turned away from the window, going into the bathroom. He opened the mirror cabinet and pulled out the bottle with his medication, heading back to the dining room to get his phone.

He saw texts from many people, all friends and family. He didn't bother reading any of them, he just listened to the chime as each message came in, staring at the screen. He popped open the bottle of pills, dropping two into his palm. He hesitated for a moment, before adding one more. Surely it couldn't be too risky, right?

He put the pills in his mouth, taking a sip of his water as he swallowed. He sat at the table in silence, just staring at his phone.

Then he dropped to the ground, dead.

A darkly clothed person stepped out of the closet, walking over to the dead body. They checked him for a pulse, and once they verified he was dead, he grabbed the bottle of pills and swapped it with one in their pocket. The bottle that Laurance had taken pills from were fake, and were filled with a poisonous chemical. The bottle that they had placed was the one he had been given by his doctor.

"'It's not like this is the last time we'll ever see each other', huh?" The assassin mocked, looking back at the corpse. "Famous last words, Laurance."

(Yeah, this was rushed and I hardly applied effort to it. I wanted to write something with angst and I haven't updated this book for a while. I tried to write another death like the one where Laurance had died as a consequence of Shad being killed, but it always came out cheesy or didn't make sense.)