Thirty-Four

Miley's POV

Darkness surrounded me,

Darkness,

My friend.

...

"Miley," I heard someone shout as hands wrapped around me lifting me off the ground. I felt instantly comforted and the hands felt familiar...Jason?

"What did you do to her!" Someone shouted.

My mind was slowly coming back but the pain still taking over every inch of my body. My surroundings were slowly coming into focus as I blinked a couple of times.

Jason, Jason was holding me in his arms. Though my whole body was weak. I did my best to listen to what was happening around me.

"I knew you wouldn't stay away!" Liam screamed at...Jason.

Jason. Jason was here.

What was Liam talking about? Jason...staying away?

Though my eyes wouldn't stay open I heard everything that they were saying.

"You aren't going anywhere with her. Not until I get my money." Liam said.

Money? What money?

"Put the gun down, son." Josh said standing somewhere next to Jason.

Gun? Oh no.

This is not good. Josh is here. Which means that...that Liam is...X? No.

By why did he have a gun? And why was he upset that Jason didn't stay away?

"Liam, I suggest you watch yourself." Jason sneered as anger was evident in his voice.

"Or what? Huh? What are you going to do?" Liam sneered with a menacing laugh.

What was going on with Liam? Thank god I am in Jason's arms. Home.

"Do you know who I am?" Jason asked. I felt my body being moved before the world blacked out again.

Jason's POV

Seeing her,

Wanting her,

Holding her,

Having her,

That's all I have ever wanted.

...

I placed Miley in Brett's arms because I trust him the most out of everyone in this room. I quickly turned back to face Liam, I was going to kill him. Her safety was my number one priority. My number two priority was getting rid of Liam, otherwise known as X.

"Formalities don't matter anymore." Liam said the gun still in his hand.

"Where are your friends?" I asked with a smirk. My number one job was to get under his skin and it appeared that my presence had struck a few nerves. Good.

"I don't know what you are talking about." Liam said taking a few steps back as he looked around the room.

He wasn't as tough as he thought he was. I knew that he didn't have the balls to actually pull the trigger.

"There is no way you are getting out of this situation, Liam. You might as well just give up and put the gun down now." Josh said shaking his head.

Liam was in deeper trouble then he knew. He had been linked to these rogue agents for far too long and his image has completely turned to shit. The FBI has been watching Liam because of his relations to these agents for a while now and because of this X thing it was time to bring him in.