Chapter 25

Kiara's P.O.V

"so are you going to explain what the hell happened back there?" Bella asks as soon as we enter Mason's room, he sighs and continue to ignore us while watching TV, "Mason please we are siblings, please don't bind your pain to yourself, let's us in, tell us what happened so that we can help you" I plead him slowly.

Tears slowly form in his eyes as he looks at us, Jeremy gasps and runs to his brother and hugs him. Bella and I walk to them and sit beside him, "it hurts so much" he cries "I'm sorry I've hidden the truth from you guys, but I was not ready to talk", I've never seen him cry before, he was always that funny and playful guy who always make fun of others and make everyone laugh but the guy we're seeing now is the broken mate.
"what happened Masey? Please tell us" Jeremy whispers as he rubs his brother's back, Mason wipes his eyes and takes a deep breath "the day I was taken by Demetra's goons, they sedated me and when I woke up" he smiles slightly "there she was standing before me, frowning while cleaning my wounds and when she saw that I was awake she left what she was doing and walked away, I tried calling her but my mouth was covered and I was tied to a chair. Every day she used to come to clean my wounds and changed my bandages, she never looked into my eyes, I tried hard to make her talk but she never did. But one day" he paused, his face turned hard, he was furious.

Mason's P.O.V

She came running to my room, she removed the ropes that are tied to me and started crying as she hugged me, "what happened love, why are you crying?" I asked her while slowly embracing her in my arms for the first time since I've seen her, the feeling of my mate in my arms felt like heaven. "I found out what you meant to me, I found that we're mates and sorry for all the horrible things you're going through" she cried while holding me tight, I smiled rubbing her back and pulled away "took you so long to realise that we're meant to be together but wait how did you know?"  I asked her as I knew she wasn't a werewolf and I didn't know that witches can feel the mate bond.
She smiled "I'm a half-werewolf. My dad was a werewolf and he used to tell me how it feels when we meet our soulmates and how we can feel those amazing sparks whenever we touch" she pauses and touches my face as tears roll down her face, I smiled back at her and kissed her hand.

She frowned again "Mate you shouldn't be here, they're going to kill you. Just like they killed my parents please leave this place I'll help you escape" she quickly moved away and looked around the room "You should change back to your wolf and run away and head to North, there is a pack where you will find Alpha Alex, he will help you" she handles me a bag and gestures me to keep quiet.
I shake my head throwing the bag away and pull her close to me "First of all my name is Mason and I'm not leaving you here alone, you're coming with me" she refuses and tries to pull away "I can't come with you now, they will kill us. you have to run and I promise to meet you soon just give me some time, first you've to escape and then I'll come to find you, I promise please believe me" she pleads.

"tsk tsk tsk, going somewhere?" someone laughs making her go stiff, her eyes wide with fear, her body starts to shake as we turn to face the person. "Master" She whispers, "oh my sweet Caroline, you thought you could fool me and run away with your precious mate" she laughs, her presence is making my wolf uneasy. "who are you and what you do want from us?" I growl and push my mate behind me, The woman whom I got to know as Demetra smirks and snaps her fingers making me his in pain. I growl as I stumble to the ground as the pain flows through my body, "you stupid mutt, you thought you could fight me" she glares at me and walks forward and pulls Caroline by the hair and drags her away from me. "Caroline" I yelled and tried to reach her but failed as my whole body seemed to be paralysed.

"guards take him to Rodger and tell him to start the process, I'll be back after I deal with this traitor bitch" She says as she drags my crying mate with her, I tried to stop her but soon my eyes felt heavy and darkness took over me.
.
.
.
.
.
The next time I woke up my body wasn't tied to a chair but I was laying on something which seemed like a hospital bed. I tried to wake up but stopped when I heard her voice "don't please, you need rest" Caroline walked inside the room and handed me some water, I frowned as she acted like nothing happened and everything was a dream.