Chapter 33

The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

G.K. Chesterton

Everyone is running
Even though we were cautious
And ready for war
Everything turned into chaos and death

Demetra looked upon the war from a distance and smiled as everyone died in front of her.

A few hours ago

Kiara's P.O.V

"Everything okay?" Kaden rubs my shoulders and pulls me towards him.
I try to relax against him but something feels wrong and I'm not able to focus on it.

"Kiara?" I snap out of my thoughts and turn to face him, he looks at me with worry, making me smile a bit even in a situation like this.

I nod and hug him tightly, "I'm just thinking about our future" he caresses my cheeks and kisses my head. "something is bothering you isn't it?" I just sigh but don't say anything, he keeps on rubbing my back trying to calm me. 
suddenly a chill runs down my spine and I turn around to see the border "Kaden she's here" Kaden takes off without even having me tell twice "ALPHA GET READY" I hear him growl through the pack link "Kiara" Bella calls for me as I run down the stairs going for the door "I'm coming with you" I nod at her and see Caroline and Jeremy coming to us "We are coming too" Bella smiles and hugs Caroline "it's time avenge our lost ones" Caroline nods with her eyes tearing up.

"everyone on alert, guards protect the packhouse and gather all those who are not fighting into the safe room.
Patrol wolves, take your first team to the borders and let us know the situation and before going drink up your potions prepared by your Luna to protect you from wolfsbane and other poisons.
Doctors are ready to serve the wounded.

Today we fight to win or die"

Jack and Alex howl loudly to the sky following with the whole pack.

As decided and planned earlier, each border has one of the high wolves leading them.
Jack's beta Noah takes his warriors and move south.
Our third, Colton takes some of our warriors to the west.
Jack and his remaining warriors walk to the East.

And Us,
Me, and the elementals along with all witches vampires and Alex, Kaden.
We walk to the North, facing the enemy upfront.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

"Ah isn't it my lovely daughter" Demetra smiles sweetly at us.

Her eyes land on Caroline, for a second she smiles sadly at her, but she recovers quickly and smirks "did you finally meet your mother, my dear Caroline" Caroline growls and takes a step further in fury but Mason holds her back.
"Tck, I would love to see that mother-daughter reunion, because my daughter never loved me like that". She looks at me and Kaden growls in a warning.

"Ohh, this is so boring. Why don't we start playing" with that being said, her rogues lunge forward and our warriors run into them, tearing them apart.

The War has started, Today we either Win or Die...

Demetra smirks at me as she steps backwards, "she's going away" Bella yells at me "take care of this, I'll chase after her" I don't even wait for their reply as ran in her direction and Burned every rogue that crossed my path.