For Forever -Kurt x Twin!Reader

Gender Neutral! Reader.
Warning: Angst I think that's all.

Y/n Pov

University. The one thing that will send all the seniors in Glee club into a frenzy, I haven't enjoyed the process of applications. However I got accepted into (College of your choice) they have a good acting program, i haven't told Kurt, he's trying to get me into NYADA, but i got my rejection letter. We haven't been apart since birth when we were taken to get cleaned off by nurses, well and when he went to Dalton. I joined glee with him, every struggle we shared together, now our lives are separating us and I don't think he'll take it well. So I will sing to him about it 'cause that's what we've always done.

I entered the glee club practice room, giving a solemn look to my happy smiling brother, his smile faltered as Mr. Schuester announced I was going to sing something. I looked directly at Kurt, he tilted his head slightly giving me a gesture of 'what the hell is goin on!?' I just looked away I could see in my peripheral vision he looked hurt and shocked by my action but I really had no choice but to do that. I didn't know how to respond.

I pulled a stool away from the back of the room to front and center, I sat on it looking directly at Kurt as I sang the first line.

End of May or early June, this picture perfect afternoon we share
Drive the winding country road
Or grab a scoop at A La Mode
And then we're there

Closing my eyes, I softly sang the next couple lines, smiling slightly as they brought on a memory of me and my brother. A mini Kurt in a bow tie, always so stylish, walking with a pout on his lips at the fact I am trying to eat my ice cream but it keeps hitting my nose and smearing on my face. He stops us and wipes my face with his handkerchief as I gave him a toothy grin mumbling a "thanks"

An open field that's framed with trees
We pick a spot and shoot the breeze
Like buddies do

Again my brother barging into my room Unannounced making me scream slightly. My heart racing as I put my hand over my heart to calm down.

"Cmon Y/n we're going to the park."

Quoting songs by our favorite bands
Telling jokes no one understands
Except us two
And we talk and take in the view

I remember laughing obnoxiously loud at a joke Kurt made, people giving us dirty looks as we passed by. Stopping at a bench in said park, I told him story as he leaned his head on my shoulder.

All we see is sky for forever
We let the world pass by for forever
Feels like we could go on for forever this way
Two friends on a perfect day

The sun was starting to set and Kurt sat up again to look at me.

"Promise me something" he mumbled. I smiled.

"Anything."

"You'll always be my friend, even when I tell you this." I raised an eyebrow and gestured for him to go on.

"I-I'm gay."

We walk a while and talk about
The things we'll do when we get out of school
Bike the Appalachian Trail
Or write a book, or learn to sail
Wouldn't that be cool?

We talked about our future and what we would become. Our dad watching us with a smile on his face as we screamed at each other trying to decide what we're gonna do together as grown ups.

There's nothing that we can't discuss
Like boys we wish you would notice us, never do
He looks around and says to me
There's nowhere else I'd rather be
And I say me too

After Kurt came out, we'd always watch the pride parade together on YouTube, hoping we can go someday.

And we just talk and take in the view
We just talk and take in the view

All we see is sky for forever
We let the world pass by for forever
Feels like we could go on for forever this way, this way

More memories hitting me, I finally opened my eyes but I couldn't look at him.

All we see is light for forever
'Cause the sun shines bright for forever
Life will be all right for forever this way
Two friends on a perfect day

I looked around the glee club, willing myself to look him in the eye. I finally did. He has tears in his eyes.

And there he goes racing towards the tallest tree
From far across the yellow field I hear him calling, follow me
And there we go
Wondering how the world might look from up so high

Another memory, a recent one. Freshman year of high school. I wanted to go climb a tree but Kurt said it was a bad idea. I did it anyway.

One foot after the other
One branch then to another
I climb higher and higher
I climb till the entire sun
Shines on my face

I dropped my bag ignoring Kurt's protest, I felt the cool breeze as I began to climb up, slowly and slowly. I reach for a branch near the top, but it wasn't sturdy enough and I heard the crack.

I suddenly feel the branch give way
I'm on the ground
My arm goes numb
I look around
And I see him come to get me
He's come to get me
And everything's okay

I hit the ground in a whirlwind of green and brown. I heard Kurt scream and I heard myself scream in pain too. Feeling this ache that grew more intense every second in my arm I looked down to see Kurt cradling my left arm that was bent the wrong way.

All we see is sky for forever
We left the world pass by for forever
Buddy, you and I for forever
This way

"I told you so."

"Yeah you mentioned it." I spit out sarcastically as he put some jello down on my bed at the hospital. I raised an eyebrow but nonetheless took it and after struggling a bit I opened it and began eating. Coming back slightly to reality, my eyes focused on Kurts again. He smiled tearfully. I gave him a sad one and began to sing the last few lines.

All we see is light
'Cause the sun burns bright
We could be alright for forever this way
Two friends
True friends
On a perfect day

And with that one look I gave him, I knew he understood. He did not know what was up, but he knew something and I think he's accepted it.