29

Nico was happily teaching idiot children how to use swords. It was the only time he could almost kill the whining idiots of the Aphrodite cabin, not all of them were like Piper- sadly. They kept asking him if be could see color and met his soulmate.

"Mr. Nico!" One kid asks, "Can you see color? Who's your soulmate? What cabin are they in?"

  Nico gave up. "Yes I can see color, and he's in the Apollo Cabin."

  Piper walked up as he answered. "It's Will Solace."

"Piper!" Fangirling broke out along the lines of 'I ship it!' and a lot of squealing.

"Go see him Nico, I'll take over the class. I know you haven't seen him for awhile and my cabin mates are getting on your nerves."

  "Thanks Piper, and yes that was an understatement. I wanted to kill some of them."

---

Nico was walking to the infirmary when a shout broke out from the border. "A large pack of hellhounds!" The horn blew three times, an attack.

  Nico ran to help. The first thing he saw was awful, the entire Apollo Cabin besides one person surrounded a fallen camper. Nico felt death.

  "He's dying." Nico told them.

  "Nico!" Nico ignored them for a moment as he went to protect them as they tried to save the camper. Nico didn't know where Will was or who this camper was, but he couldn't get distracted.

A slash here, crimson red blood flecked with gold dust covered him. He was injured, but he couldn't die- for Will. Nico summoned some skeletons, disregarding the shouts of campers joining the fight.

Something distracted Nico though, the colors were turning grey. But that only happened if... Nico noticed the shouting behind him now included a name. "WILL!"

His color vision turned completely to grey, black, and white. Will... was dead.