44

What is insanity? What drives a person to being insane? Is it loneliness? Is it the longing for touch? Is it isolation? When does one hit the point of no return? Is it when they start talking to themselves? Is it when they start seeing things? Is it when they start talking to the things they are seeing? I think I hit that point long ago.

  This quarantine has made me insane.

((☆))

  "Will, Will?" I asked the other boy.

  "Yes?"

  "Is it nice outside? Do you think we could leave? Go to camp? Go somewhere together?"

  "I don't think that's a good idea Starlight."

  "Why not?"

  "You're sick."

((☆))

  I'm not sick! I'm fine! I may be older in the fact that I was born many years ago, but I am still young! My body is young! My age had been frozen. I'm not sick. Plus, if I was sick, I would be with Will in the camp medical area! What would make me sick? I feel fine! That cough means nothing! It doesnt matter that I feel a bit out of breath! I'm fine!

((☆))

  "Hey Will?"

  "Yes?"

  "When can I leave?"

  "Soon."

((☆))

  The days are calm. I hear some commotion outside sometimes. Why can they be out but not me? Will is always here though.

((☆))

  "Why are there two of you?" Will came through the door with food and some sort of... medical protective gear on.

  "Two of me?"

  "Yeah! I saw you come through the door but you never left! You're right," I point toward the space he always is, a few steps from where the one with gear on is. "There!"

  "Oh, darling."

((☆))

  He seemed sad. Why was he sad? It's normal for there to be two Wills! One keeps me company while the other had other things to do! I don't know why I asked him. That was silly of me!

((☆))

  When Nico died, they had to burn his body. He was the only one at camp who was affected. Remarkable, considering how close they were to New York, but heartbreaking all the same.

((☆))
Hey Everyone!
I hope all of you are doing well during quarantine! I know I'm struggling a bit with online school versus motivation, but I am trying. I hope any of you in situations that aren't... favorable are safe and well. Please, all of you stay safe and if you can, stay inside.
(Also, because you asked starbucks-remy here it is)

Please stay safe,
Cakey