Chapter 5

"Where's Camila?" Lauren asks concernedly as she quickly walks into the living room from Camila's room, running her hand through her hair. She had just been to check on her only for her not the be in bed, the crumpled sheets and the still clean discarded pull-up on the floor being the only things left. 

It was safe to say being shocked was an understatement.

"What do you mean 'where's Camila?' I put her to bed half an hour ago like you told me to" Dinah exclaims as she stands up from the couch, sending her girlfriend a concerned look before looking around the living room.

It was like she was expecting the small brunette to appear into thin air.

Lauren sighs heavily, "Well she's not there now" she replies with a hint of snark in her tone. "She probably snuck out" She adds, quieting her voice down slightly. This wasn't Dinah's fault so there was no need to get mad at her.

"She defied us" Dinah says quietly, almost as if she didn't believe the words that were coming out of her own mouth. "She's in so much trouble" she murmurs frustratedly.

"Hey now, calm down. Yes, she will be in trouble but we also need to take into consideration on why she decided it would be a good idea to sneak out. Did she do it on her own accord? Or was she told to do it? Because you and I both know what her so called friends are like" Lauren finishes, taking Dinah's slightly larger hand in hers.

Dinah nods her head, taking her girlfriends words into consideration as she softly squeezes her hand, "true. So what so we do? Go look for her or wait for her to come back?"

"Well considering we don't know where she is or who she's with, waiting for her would be the best idea" Lauren replies as she lets go of Dinah's hand, dropping heavily down onto the couch as she lets out a sigh.

She should have known this would happen. She should have known that Camila would defy them as soon as she had the chance to.

Lesson of the day, trust is hard to come by...especially with Camila.

**

It was only an hour later did they hear the front door open and the sound of keys jingling against each other, and they both stand up from their place on the couch with looks on their faces that told anyone who saw it, 'you're in trouble'.

A reluctant Camila appears in the doorway of the living room seconds later, clutching her phone so tightly in her hands her fingers were beginning to turn white as she looks at the couple in front of her nervously.

"Guys I'm-"

She starts quietly, her voice a mere whisper. She was interrupted by Lauren stepping forward and taking her phone from her grip, pocketing it as she sends the small brunette in front of her a glare.

The glare spoke more than words could and Camila knew right there and then that she was in serious trouble.

"Go to bed Camila, we'll talk about this in the morning" Lauren murmurs quietly, ignoring the girls teary eyes as she walks back to Dinah.

Camila sighs dejectedly at her words and nods her head, ignoring the tear that falls down her cheek as she makes her way back to her bedroom, quietly closing the door behind her.

Another tear falls as she sits down on the end of her bed and tugs off her shoes, but she doesn't bother wiping it away knowing she deserves to feel like this. She deserves to feel like nobody wants her, that nobody will ever care.

She lets out a hoarse sob as she falls back onto her mattress, curling herself up as small as she could she reaches for her blanket she had set on her pillow before she'd left earlier. She pulls it to her face, hoping that the item would comfort her enough so she didn't go crawling into either Dinah or Lauren's arms.