Chapter 24 (final chapter)

I feel like this chapter useless really, it's just a bunch of small scenes thrown together, but hey, I promised a final chapter so here you go 🙂

**

"You promise you're not mad?" Lauren asks as she lays in bed with her girlfriend, Dinah's slightly large frame curled around her own. It had been a few hours since they got back from the park and the tense atmosphere had long gone after they had spoken, but Lauren just wanted to be sure.

She feels Dinah sigh against her back, "I promise I'm not mad babe, please, just go to sleep" the younger woman murmurs, tightening her arms round her slightly.

Lauren nods and closes her eyes, hating the fact she was struggling to believe her girlfriends words despite the fact she knew Dinah never lied to her.

After lying in bed for hours and still finding herself no closer to sleep, Lauren pulls the covers back and climbs out of bed. She pulls on one of Dinah's hoodies and makes her way out of the room, peaking her head into Camila's nursery. When she see's her baby fast asleep led on her tummy, she smiles softly and carries on walking to the kitchen to make herself a coffee.

Once she had the hot beverage in her hands, she leans against the counter and takes a grateful sip, closing her eyes in content when the hot liquid runs down her throat.

She opens her eyes when she hears soft footsteps walking down the hall, and just as she prepares herself to see Dinah appear round the corner, Camila appears instead clad in the onesie she was dressed in before she was put to bed.

She looks sheepish when she figures she's not the only one in the room, and the green eyed girl sends her a small smile, "Hi sweetheart, what are you doing up?" She asks, setting her cup down onto the counter.

Camila climbs onto the stool opposite and shrugs her shoulders, "couldn't sleep" she murmurs.

Lauren raises her eyebrows, "You seemed pretty asleep when i checked on you earlier" she says amusedly, taking another sip of coffee.

The younger Cuban blushes and looks down at her hand that were sat on the counter, obviously embarrassed that she'd been caught out.

"It's okay Camz, I was just playing with you" Lauren says with a smile, "why are you up though?" She asks, placing the now empty cup into the sink.

Camila looks up from her hands, "just thinking" she murmurs.

"About what?"

"Everything"

Lauren nods understandably and makes her way back to the counter, leaning her body against it, "wanna talk about it?" She asks, running a hand through her hair.

Camila nods tentatively, "were you and mo-Dinah fighting earlier?" She asks shyly.

Pretending not to notice the small slip up and focus on the question instead, Lauren shakes her head, "no baby, we weren't. She was just a little mad at me for letting you get hurt" She explains, not wanting to lie to Camila.

The small girl absentmindedly rubs at her chest at the woman's words, "it wasn't your though, I just misjudged how close the steps were to me" She replies, bringing a hand up to rub tiredly at her eyes.

A smile plays on Lauren's lips as she rounds the counter to where Camila was sat, "I think it's time for a certain someone to get back to her bed" she murmurs playfully, sliding an arm underneath the girls legs while the other wraps round her back and lifting her off of the stool and onto the floor.

Camila once again blushes but allows herself to be lead down the hall, "can I sleep with you guys?" She murmurs in question, not really wanting to sleep in her crib by herself.