Chapter 15

The small brunette, still high on excitement was currently sat in the middle of the large sandpit placed in one corner of the park. Her face was flushed red from running around, the reminisce of sweat still lingering on her brow as the soft breeze blows softly against her, making her bangs fall to the one side of her face.

She digs without a care in the world, quietly talking to herself underneath her breath.

Lauren and Dinah were watching her from a few feet away, not feeling the need to interrupt the girl when she was playing so happily and contently by herself. Of course they would probably join in sooner or later, knowing how persuasive Camila could be, and plus they didn't want to leave their baby by herself for too long.

There were kids running round, some with their caretakers, some with friends and some by themselves. The environment itself was something that soothed all three women, making them feel like this decision was one of the best they had ever made.

"Hi"

The small brunette looks up from her place in the middle of the sandpit, her thin sweatshirt slipping off her narrow shoulders as she nervously glances back at her mommies. Deciding that she had to be a big girl and talk for herself, she brings her attention back to who had greeted her, a tentative, nervous smile appearing on her face.

"Hi" she whispers back, getting back to digging. She was making a castle...well, she was trying to anyway. The sand wouldn't really cooperate with her.

"What are you making?" The girl wonders, taking Camila's reply as an invitation to sit down, her legs crossed in front of her.

Camila hesitates before answering, "A castle" her voice was the same tentative whisper as before.

"Can I help?"

Not having the guts to say no nor turn the girl down, Camila shifts in her place slightly as she nods her head. She internally cringes when the small shift causes sand to appear in places it shouldn't be, but she tries her best to ignore it as she gets back to work, not wanting to be changed right now when she could possibly be making a new friend.

Besides, she didn't even go potty anyway.

"Do you think she's okay?" Dinah asks as she watches the two girls from where she was stood, bringing her hand up to nervously run through her hair.

Lauren takes her hand in her own, soothingly rubbing the pad of her thumb over her palm, "Well, she's not crying, so my answer would be a yes, but if you wanna go check on them I'm sure that won't be a problem" she responds.

Dinah goes to nod and walk over to them, but was stopped when she hears a confident voice speak, making them stop in their tracks as they bring their attention from Camila. Well, Lauren did anyway, Dinah was still stuck looking between the two.

"Hi, is that your little one?"

A petite, pink haired woman asks as she stops in front of them, accompanied by what looked to be her girlfriend. (Or wife, Lauren couldn't tell)

The green eyed girl sends them both a polite smile, "Yeah, that's Camila. I'm Lauren and this is my girlfriend Dinah" she answers, placing a hand on the tall girls back and pushing her forwards so she was stood next to her instead of a few feet behind.

It was clear Dinah wanted to go to Camila, but she knew right now introductions had to be made.

The woman grins, "nice to meet you. I'm Demi, this is my wife Ally and the little one that went and greeted your Camila is our baby, Normani" she states, obviously proud, "Is this your first time here?" She asks, taking her wife's hand in hers.