Chapter 17

This is a little shorter than normal and I apologise for that, but check out the authors note at the end 👌

**

The small family of three had been back from the resort for a two whole days now, and much to the couples relief, Camila's been as good as gold since. There's been no tantrums, no defiance and no going behind their backs and sneaking out. They'd been living there lives just like a family with two parents and a toddler would and it couldn't be better, especially when Camila was so well behaved and wasn't fighting them.

Well, at least they thought that yesterday, today...is kind of a different story.

Camila hasn't been bad so to speak, more like...grumpy and irritable.

They didn't know what was wrong with her exactly, but they definitely knew the irritableness had to do with the impending sniffles and cough the girl had. Was it a cold? They didn't know. Allergies? Again, they didn't know. But what they did know was when Camila was out of sorts, she was grumpy, very very grumpy.

"No! I don't want to!"

Looking up from her place on the couch with a frown, Lauren sets her book down onto her blanket covered thigh as she takes in the scene in front of her.

It was about two, Camila's set naptime, and whilst the small brunette normally looks forward to the naps and practically begs to be put to bed each day, it looks like today was different. Camila, clad in just a diaper and a onesie that snaps at the crotch, (the girl claimed she was too hot to wear clothes) was sat on the floor in front of the tv with a bunch of toys sat in front of her.

She was sat by Dinah's feet, looking up at the woman with a 'stern glance' as she crosses her arms over her chest. When her girlfriend glances her way with an off put look on her face, obviously getting annoyed with the situation, Lauren pulls the blanket off of her and sets her book down onto the table.

She stands up with a sigh and walks over to the two, crouching down in front of Camila with her eyebrow raised sternly as Dinah walks into the kitchen, "Camila, sweetheart, it's time for your nap" she says, holding her hand out, hoping that would be all it takes for the girl to comply and listen to her.

Camila, who's bottom lip was wobbling, shakes her head defiantly.

Letting her hand fall back to her thigh, Lauren sighs, "why not bug? I'm sure a nap would make you feel better" she murmurs, grabbing the folded up toilet paper from her hoodie pocket before wiping the girls runny nose.

The small brunette sniffles in response, "tummy mama" she whimpers.

"You don't want to nap because you've got tummy ache?" Lauren asks, furrowing her eyebrows in concern as she runs a hand through the girls long hair, effectively removing any loose strands from her sweaty face.

All Camila does is nod, the quivering bottom lip, if possible, becoming more visible as her eyes fill with tears.

"Okay, why don't we go nap together huh? See if that'll get you feeling better" Lauren replies as she stands up and holds her hand out.

The only reason she has suggested this instead of giving the girl some medicine is because, and as much as she hates thinking this, the girl could be putting it on. Yes, Camila may feel a little grumpy and upset and may have a cough and sniffles, but she might not necessarily feel as bad as she's saying.

The last thing she wanted to was make the girl sick with unnecessary medication that wasn't actually needed.

Camila pouts at her words, but nods her head and grabs onto her hand anyway, allowing Lauren to pull her up into a standing position.