Chapter 18

I've been trying to post this chapter all day so I'm sorry for It's lateness. Let me know if you can see it.

**

The poly stands there for a few seconds, hesitation lingering in her body language as she anticipates on whether she should answer the ringing phone, but before she could, the phone screen once again goes blank, showing that she'd run out of time. She sighs in relief at that, but that slowly fades as the phone once again starts ringing, the ringtone, and the quiet vibration filling the room.

This time, she goes to answer it, her hand reaching out to pick up the phone but before her fingers could actually touch the device and pick it up, she was interrupted by a quiet voice, startling her slightly.

"No, don't"

She quickly pulls her hand back and whips her head round to face the noise. It was Camila, standing in the doorway of the bathroom with tears streaming down her wet, puffy cheeks. She was still clad in the onesie she was in earlier, but she had a pair of sweatpants on over the top, probably Lauren's as she knew her own would be way too big for the girl.

She sends a glance towards the still ringing phone.

"Why not?" She asks, trying to hide the concern she felt when she see's Camila's bottom lip tremble at her words.

"Just, please, don't" Camila begs, taking a small step forwards. Dinah notices her small body sag with relief as the phone once again stops ringing, silence filling the room, but despite that, her bottom lip still trembles and Dinah's body fills with concern.

Knowing this was a whole lot more serious than she first thought and wasn't just something silly like she had originally intended, she walks towards the girl and gently takes her hand in her grip, not making it known how concerned she was when the small girl tightly grips her hand in return.

"Let's go talk sweetheart" she murmurs, gently brushing her hair out of her face before wiping off her wet cheeks. Camila nods in response and allows herself to be led out of the room, trying to hold back her whimper when she see's Dinah pick up herself phone on the way out.

"Babe! I found her" Dinah calls as she walks through the hallway, smiling slightly she see's Lauren quickly rush to them from what looked to be the kitchen, an obviously relieved look on her face.

"Thank god, I thought-what's wrong?" Lauren asks, her once relief filled voice utters out, concern now lingering in it instead. She see's Camila look away from her as she takes a small step closer to her girlfriend, effectively hiding her face in her chest, and just as Lauren once again goes to question it, Dinah mouths the word she's been dreading.

Taylor.

"Oh okay, okay, lets go talk yeah?" She says, walking forward and placing a soft squeeze the nervous girls arm as she walks into the living room, sitting herself down on the couch. Dinah follows and sits for next to her, but before Camila could go sit on the couch opposite like she normally would, she's quick to gently grab her by the waist and ease her onto her lap.

She feels the small brunette tense before relaxing, and she wraps her arms securely round her waist as a subtle piece of comfort.

Dinah doesn't waste no time on bringing up the elephant in the room.

"Look Camila, I'm going to be honest with you, okay? Can you promise you'll he honest with us in return?" She questions, reaching her hand out to gently rest on the girls pant covered knee.

Camila appears to hesitate, but quickly nods before either woman could question her about it.

"Good girl. So...who's Taylor?"