Chapter 9

As soon as the duo make it into the bathroom, Lauren, with a bit of a struggle, sets the small brunette down onto her feet and heads straight to the tub. After checking the temperature of the water with her wrist to make sure it wasn't to hot, she puts the stopper in and allows the tub to fill.

From her place crouching on the floor, she notices Camila shifting anxiously in her place from where she had been set just seconds earlier. Knowing right now she needed to distract the girl from their current situation so she didn't get worked up, she stands back up and walks over to her, easing her chin up with her fingers.

"Alright my love, why don't you go pick a few toys out for your bath?" She asks gently as she bends down slightly, opening the small door underneath the sink to show the girl where the toys were kept.

She had bought some bath toys earlier whilst Camila and Dinah were looking round the toy store along with some kid friendly body wash. She was gonna pick up some kids shampoo and conditioner too, but had decided against it in the end as she didn't want to ruin the small brunettes hair.

Nodding happily, thankful for the distraction, Camila kneels down in front of the small toy bin and gets to work on picking some out. Lauren watches for a while to make sure she was okay before once again crouching next to the tub, checking the temperature of the bath water before stopping it.

"You all done?" She asks as she stands, drying her hands off with a small towel.

Looking up from her place on the floor, Camila nods and holds out two bath toys. A packet of rubber animals and a packet of letters.

"Good choice" she praises, gently taking them from her grasp and pouring both into the tub just in time for Dinah to walk back into the room

"Her diaper and pyjamas are on the bed" she announces quietly as she lifts the small girl into her arms when she holds her arms out with a small whine, patting her padded butt softly as the brunette leans against her.

Lauren nods with a smile, "Okay, the baths done and she's picked out a few toys to play with" she replies, "you wanna get her in?" She questions when she see's how content the small brunette looks in her girlfriends arms.

She really didn't want to interrupt as that's about as calm as the girl had been since this whole thing started.

Whilst Lauren makes herself busy cleaning up the bathroom, Dinah eases Camila down onto the floor. She shushes her quiet whine at not being in her arms, knowing that she must be tired as this was pretty much time she normally went to bed.

Well, as of recently anyway.

"Shh mila, it's okay. The sooner we get you bathed the sooner you can have your bottle and go to bed" she reassures, tugging the girls overalls down her legs and off her body completely, tossing them into the corner of the room.

All she gets in response to her words was a soft nod of the head, so she makes quick work of getting her completely undressed. Once done, she takes her by the underarms and lifts her into the tub, crouching down in front of it and immediately reaching for the small plastic cup set on the side.