Chapter 21

So it's been a while, well, just under a week which isn't too long actually, but I still apologise. I hope you enjoy this crappy chapter that isn't proofread!

Edit: wattpad seems to be playing up again so I've published this on a different chapter. Let me know if you can see it.
**

Dinah sighs as she drops heavily down onto the couch for the third time this evening, resting her head in her hands as she counts down from ten in her head to try and calm herself down.

It was currently eleven at night and while she should be asleep like Lauren was, she wasn't. Instead, she was currently fighting Camila on going to sleep.

She knows why this is happening, why the girl was fighting her with all her might. Both Lauren and herself had promise she could sleep in their bed with them tonight, but after Lauren had started come down with a cold and was obviously quite contagious, she herself had both decided that keeping the two Cubans separate was the best thing to do as as neither really wanted the girl to get sick again.

So really doesn't blame the girl for getting upset, but ultimately there was nothing she could really do to fix it as that meant giving into her.

Just as Dinah went to lean back against the couch to relax, she was once again stopped by small footsteps. Yes, the girl had figured out how to climb out of her crib which was another thing that irritated her to no end.

Heaving herself up and off the couch, the tall girl quickly makes her way down the hall. Just like expected, Camila was halfway into hers and Lauren's room. Being quick not to disturb the sick green eyed girl, she grabs the girl by the waist and once again closes the door, getting the expected reaction.

Tears.

"No Camila, I've already told you several times that mama's sleeping because she's sick" she murmurs, "I know you want her, but i know you don't want to get sick either do you?" She asks as she turns the crying girl round in her arms so the girl was on her hip, using her hand to gently run up and down her back.

"Wan' mama" the small brunette whimpers as she squirms, tears dripping from her red, puffy cheeks as she tries to hold back her sobs.

Dinah presses a kiss onto her head, "I know baby, but mama's not very well at the moment and we don't want to wake her up" she tries to sooth as she walks into the living room, not attempting to put the girl back to back as she knew she'd only find her way back out again.

She sits herself down onto the couch instead, Camila straddling her lap.

"Why don't we give you a baba mhhhh? Would that make you feel better?" She asks as she holds back a yawn, rubbing her hand soothingly through her baby's hair.

Camila shakes her head and buries her chest into her mommy's chest. She didn't want anything right now apart from her mama, but she wasn't allowed that.

Dinah sighs at this, wishing Lauren wasn't sick so she could go get some rest herself. It's not that she didn't mind looking after Camila when she was like this, it was the fact that she found it hard when it wasn't her Camila wanted.

"Then it's back to bed for you. Mommy's tired" she murmurs before standing up, ignoring the cries that escape Camila's mouth for the simple fact that again, she couldn't give the girl what she wanted.

"I know, I know you're upset and mommy's sorry" she coos softly as she walks into the girls nursery, not bothering unlatch the crib and pull the bar down. Instead, she chooses to just simply lift her over and lay her down onto the mattress, grabbing the blanket that was set at the bottom and bringing it up to cover the girls squirming body.