Chapter 12

By time Dinah walks back into the kitchen with an unused pacifier in her hand, Lauren had adjusted the girl so she was now sat across her lap, both legs falling across her thigh. Fortunately, Camila didn't wake at all during this process and was now led against Lauren's chest with her hand clutching the top of her shirt.

"Wipe that smirk off your face Dinah Jane" Lauren says with a playful eye roll as she reaches up to wipe away the drool on her skin, the other arm tightly wrapped round the girls waist on her lap so she wouldn't slip off.

Turning the faucet off, Dinah begins to dry of the pacifier, "I have no idea what you're on about" she says with a grin, walking over to the duo.

Lauren simply rolls her eyes at her words, knowing that wasn't true at all.

"Just give the girl her pacifier" she says, trying to hold back her own smile as she playfully pinches the girls waist.

Flinching slightly at the action with a smirk on her face, Dinah crouches down next to them both and brings one of her hands up to rest on the back of the chair to keep her balance. With a bit of hesitance, she brings the nipple of the pacifier up to rest against the asleep girls lips.

Now, she didn't know if what happened next was because she was asleep and was unaware of her surroundings, but Camila accepted the pacifier easily, suckling on it just like she would her bottle as she continues to sleep peacefully on the green eyed girls lap.

"Well, that uhhh, went well" she says, shock lingering in her voice as she stands back up and sits down on the chair next to them both.

It was Lauren's turn to smirk this time.

"Dinah, babe, she's asleep. I suspect whatever part of her that took the pacifier thinks it's a bottle. The battle will probably happen when she's awake" Lauren explains, patting her girlfriends knee before she stands and carries Camila bridal style to the couch.

She grins when she hears Dinah mutter a 'thanks for the warning' underneath her breath, and she shakes her head playfully as she covers the girl up with one of the blankets that were always kept on the back of the couch.

*

Turns out Lauren was wrong.

There was no battle at all with Camila and her pacifier, much to the couples relief. The small brunette has been sat on Dinah's lap on the couch, her head buried in her chest  for about half an hour now as she suckles contently on the obviously loved item.

Lauren was definitely a little off put by that at first, but then she realised that there wasn't really much difference between the bottle and the pacifier anyway, so there wasn't really much for Camila to really get used to apart from the fact that there was no milk involved with her soother like there was for the bottle.

With Camila's pyjamas in hand, Lauren walks from the small brunettes room to the living room, sitting herself down onto the seat next to where her girlfriends was holding Camila.

She gently cups the girls cheek, "ready for bed, my love?" she asks, setting the pyjamas down onto the coffee table in front of them.

Blinking tiredly, Camila manages a small smile behind her pacifier as she sits up in Dinah's arms and reaches for Lauren.

"You wanna go get her bottle ready?" She asks Dinah as she lifts Camila into her arms, letting the girl lean contently against her as she soothingly rubs her back.

Dinah nods with a smile, "sure" she says before standing up and walking out of the room.

Before the small girl could fall asleep against, her Lauren gently eases her forward and places a kiss onto her forehead, "not yet baby, you can sleep soon" she reassures as she gently eases the girl down onto the couch, her legs sprawled over Lauren's as she brings her hands up to tiredly rub at her eyes.