Chapter 10

"She feeling any better?" Dinah asks quietly as she walks into the main bathroom, sitting herself down on the floor opposite Lauren who was sat with Camila cradled on her lap.

The couple had managed to get her to eat a small a amount of soup earlier this afternoon along with a some toast, and while she was napping on the couch no longer than fifteen minutes ago, she was woken abruptly by it nearly making a reappearance.

Luckily, Lauren had managed to get her to the bathroom in time so she didn't have to worry about having to clean anything up. Not that she would have minded if the small brunette didn't make it, but cleaning up puke wasn't really on her agenda today so she'd like to try and avoid it for as long as possible.

Looking down at the small brunette in her arms who was led limply in her arms, Lauren sighs lightly, continuing to rock her soothingly, "I'm not sure, I've tried taking her out to go lay on the couch but she won't let me. I think she might still be feeling a little sick" she replies, sending her girlfriend a small pout.

Dinah imitates her pout before scooting herself forward slightly and reaching her hand out to rest on Camila's forehead, "she still feels warm. Is she allowed more Tylenol yet?" She asks, gently stroking the girls cheek as she sends her girlfriend a questioning look.

Lauren shrugs slightly, well aware of the dozing girl in her arms, "I'm not sure. What time is it?"

Pulling her phone out of her pocket, Dinah pushes the home button to check the time, "just gone three" she replies, putting the device away again.

Lauren nods her head and begins to stand up, "Yeah, it's about time for some more medicine" she says, "I know baby, it's okay" she soothes to Camila when the brunette whines at the change in position.

She allows Dinah to help her stand fully and the three walk out of the bathroom, Camila a dead weight in the green eyed woman's arms. Her head lols against her shoulder tiredly, her whole body feeling too heavy to hold up herself.

She allows herself to be fed the medicine and before she could really blink, she was once again led in Dinah's arms on the couch, her blanket tight in her grip.

"Shhh, it's okay. Go back to sleep" she hears, and that's exactly what she does.

**

Two hours.

Two whole freaking hours.

That's how long Camila has been crying for, and what was most heartbreaking about it was they weren't just small, quiet sobs, they were loud, gut wracking sobs that shook her whole body.

The couple was at a loss at what to do having tried just about everything to try and sooth the girl . They had tried giving her a bottle, holding her, cuddling her, singing to her, but nothing had worked and she still remained upset for reasons they could not decipher.

They should have known this would happen really. Camila was a pain in the butt and cranky when she was sick and a 'big girl', so they should have expected it only to be worse when she was obviously stuck between being big and little and was finding it hard to communicate properly.

And not only that, the couple were worried that Camila was going to make herself sick with how she was going and knew if she didn't calm down, Lauren would have to clean up puke today despite not particularly wanting to.

Rubbing her temples frustratedly with her free hand, Lauren adjusts the small brunette on her lap for the third time in just a minute, the girls frustrated squirming causing her to keep sliding off.

"I know you're upset baby, I know. What can I do to make you feel better mhhh?" She murmurs quietly despite her growing upset, making sure to keeping up with the soothing rocking motion as a attempt to try and sooth the upset girl who showed no signs of calming down.