1. Obito

I was floating, suspended in something that looked like green liquid, flowing through into me with tubes.

I remembered.

I raised my hands, seeing them glint through the light, reflecting off the green liquid and glass. What did they do to me?

I was thirteen years old. Uchiha. Orochimaru's prized experiment. I had seen my own file when Obito rescued me from the compound. Two sets of DNA. Obito had explained it all to me. One from him and the other from someone named Rin Nohara. I had lived years inside a tube, grown artificially. Was I a clone or his technical child?

  He never answered that, not until much later, but from what I deduced and what he confided to me about Rin Nohara, I knew he was a man who wanted love, her love. He saw in me the only chance, the only thing closest to a child that he could ever foster with Rin. Manipulation was easy when it came to Orochimaru, just tempt him with the idea of creating something powerful and then take it from him when the time was right. Obito had tempted him with the opportunity of taking the Sharingan once the child was grown and matured. Of course, he took the liberty of rescuing me before Orochimaru had the chance.

  Rin. He named me after her and it was one of those things that told me what kind of person he was. He taught me about the world, about his ideals, about what he wanted for this cruel and twisted world. Sharingan. He taught me how to use it. That was when I discovered the existence of Mizuchi, the serpent spirit of the water deity. It seemed that Orochimaru had planned more for me than was expected. I was supposed to die when I awakened my Sharingan, if Orochimaru didn't get what he wanted and someone else took me. Mizuchi was supposed to rise from dormant state inside of me and kill me with a fierce chakra overload that would crumple my eleven year old body. For better or worse, I had survived with the help of Obito and had to work with the sealed dragon inside of me.

I didn't attain the Mangekyō until I was sixteen, until I witnessed what true war was really like. When the whole world fell apart at my feet and there was nothing I could do to stop it. There were powers beyond what either Mizuchi and I could go against and when the dust cleared and Obito turned to sacrifice his own life, I saw him smiling at me gently.

  He had beckoned for me to come forwards and he pressed his lips against my forehead, making me freeze. Was this some sort of fatherly affection? Was I more than just a ripped apart clone? He held me to his chest and he asked me if I could do something for him, if I could make sure his death and the death of others weren't in vain. It was a forbidden jutsu. He made some hand seals and I felt Mizuchi's power seep from my body and connect with the jutsu. He told me he could only send me so far to the past, he asked me to stop the Uchiha Massacre, the one that he had aided. He placed his hand on my forehead and made a Memory Seal before he used up the rest of his chakra into the forbidden jutsu.

I opened my eyes, the memories flowing back into my mind and giving me purpose. He sent me back in time. To fix everything. "Mizuchi?" I searched deep within myself, willing for the voice of the water dragon to respond.

I was met with a weak sound, almost like a groan. "Damn, your biological clone dad just had to use his fucking forbidden jutsu with my chakra."

I felt something wet at the ends of my eyes. Was this tears? Was I crying? Whatever Obito was to me, perhaps I always saw him as a father, no, I wanted him to be a father. "Shit—" Mizuchi panicked, "don't cry, kid. I mean, your dad is dead and all, but shit—-I don't know what to do——"

He just trailed off awkwardly, as I placed my hands on the glass. Whatever this green liquid stuff was, the oxygen mask was doing a good job of keeping me alive. I knew Mizuchi could keep me from drowning, but I didn't want to take any chance. "Looks like I'm in Orochimaru's lab again," I thought to Mizuchi, as I did the calculations, "I'm probably eleven, before Obito came to take me away." Tears pricked my eyes again as I asked, "How am I supposed to stop the Uchiha Massacre?"

Mizuchi sighed. "Listen, kid, it's the last thing your dad wanted—for you to help fix this fucked up world. If you're eleven right now, then the Massacre doesn't occur for another two years. Ergo, he sent you this far so that you can talk with his past self and hash it all out. That's probably why he gave you the memory seal with his memories in it. The first thing we need to do is have Obito of this past on your side and then The Akatsuki and shit. Capsice?"

I nodded, before I saw the faint outline of Mizuchi grin, trying to do his best to cheer me up. "Okay, kid, let's get the fuck out of this shitty tube."

*******