19.

Rin opened her eyes. There was the sound of something hitting her window. She irritably sighed before walking over to the window, slamming it open to expect an annoying squirrel. "What the--Ahhh!" She stumbled backwards in surprise as she saw Shisui grinning from the branch of the tree outside their home.

"Baka!" Rin exclaimed, "what is wrong with you--" Her embarrassment with Shisui the night before seemed to be a distant dream as her cheeks colored with annoyance.

Shisui let out a hearty laugh, nearly rolling on his sides as his eyes twinkled in amusement.

"IT"S NOT FUNNY!!!"

"Your face--" Shisui chortled, "that expression....was priceless---" He slapped his knee as Rin darkened, a cloud of aura surrounding her.

Suddenly, his face looked very, very punchable.

"Shisui---" Rin growled, very fed up, "I'm going to give you to a count of three....ONE......TWO....."

Shisui cocked his head to the side, grinning, "Think you can catch me?"

"THREE!" Rin flew out her own window as Shisui shunshinned away, appearing on the rooftop seconds later as she swung a punch towards him that he dodged with agility before reappearing on another rooftop.

He gave her a two finger salute. "See you later, Rin!"

Rin's fist cracked. "Bastard," she muttered as she turned back to her house. Obito had left early, saying that he had ANBU duties and Rin was left to kill time. The Academy graduation would be conducted tomorrow and she had received a message from the Hokage to meet him at the office immediately. Rin dressed quickly—pulling on her standard pants and wrapping the bandages around her ankles and wrists before she threw on her flak jacket—the weight reminding her of the responsibility she now carried. Tying the Leaf headband around her head, she adjusted it so that it protected her forehead perfectly.

Rin tossed her braided hair over her shoulder before she opened the window, and burst chakra to her feet until she kept across the rooftops till she arrived at the Hokage Tower. She received a few curious stares, probably because of her hair and at this point, Mizuchi was too tired to bother cursing them out.

"Enter—" The Hokage's voice boomed as Rin entered, bowing respectfully as the Sandaime stood up, nodding at her.

"I have already assigned you a Team," the Hokage said, "you must be wondering why I would promote you so quickly but the truth is, your skills are needed for the benefit of our new genin." He handed Rin a file as she flipped through it quickly.

Naruto Uzumaki.

Sakura Haruno.

Sasuke Uchiha.

Her eyebrows furrowed as her mind shot back to the Fourth Shinobi War. The new three way deadlock—they towered over the battlefield with their summons and Rin remembered feeling astonishment at the sheer amount of power that they each displayed.

They were older than her in that timeline, and now she had to teach them. Could life get anymore ironic?

"Ohhh—" Mizuchi groaned, "he's making you teach them because of your skills."

"What?"

"You know—" Mizuchi deadpanned, "because you have the Sharingan, you can teach Sasuke, because you are a jinchurikki, you can teach Naruto control, and judging from Sakura's file, I suppose she was quite the nerd—though she does look like she pays more attention to her looks than anything....you were taught by Tsunade anyways so you can help prepare her for her future training with the Slug Princess."