14. Danzo Shimura

Rin's POV
*****

I woke up with a start, my back leaning against what I perceived as a rock. I opened my eyes. I was in a closed off secluded section of the forest—a waterfall pooled as birds chirped. I felt my ribs throb. Every part of my body seemed to scream in white hot pain as I brought myself up to sitting position.

  "Good, you're awake," A voice said, as I looked up at the speaker. He was an elderly man, his hands clashing a cane and his right arm and eye covered with bandages. A single, grey eye stared down at me. My eyes flickered towards him. There were two ANBU next to him. My heart stalled. Danzō. I remembered seeing the fight between him and Sasuke....when I saw how he died.

  My fists curled, anger filling my chest. He was the one who forced Shisui to kill himself, he was the one who caused all the pain and hurt to Itachi. "Why am I here?" I asked, my voice surprisingly not shaking.

  "The Third Hokage believes that you are some hero of Konoha, but I am contrary to that treatment. You used your Sharingan to control a Tailed Beast, which means that you are a threat. The Uchiha are a race that needs to be exterminated and your interference has severely damaged my plans. If you are handed over to the Uchiha, then all of the Hidden Leaf will be in danger—" his eye narrowed.

  "You are the one who drove the Uchiha out of Konoha—" my mouth opened despite myself, my eyes flaring, "you are the one who planted suspicion, you have no one to blame but yourself for the measures you have taken." The words burned in my mouth.

  Danzō's gaze turned to a piercing look. "You clearly know too much—" he said, "but no matter, you won't survive past this day."

  Fear filled me as the two ANBU lunged at me. I shot sideways, my legs screaming as I tried to dodge the kunai thrown at me. One lodged in my arm as I grit my teeth and flipped backwards onto the rock ledge. I wrenched it out, before another flew at my face. I made the sign of the Substitution Jutsu as the log got pierced before I hid behind the foliage of a tree. The ANBU made several hand signs—one of them being sensor nin. I suppressed my chakra as I tried to think of a way out.

Should I turn on my Sharingan? I froze. My mind raced. Danzō would have killed me immediately, it would have been easier that way but he just waited for me to regain consciousness. Danzō wanted to take Shisui's eye.....

  That's why he left me alive. He was waiting for me to turn on my Sharingan so that he can seize them before killing me. I swallowed. If I wanted to live, I had to leave off my Sharingan as long as possible.

  My eyes peered through the foliage before I felt a hand grab at my neck before a kick sent me flying through the air. I managed to brace my feet against the ground, my legs throbbing in electrifying pain. "Mizuchi—" I tried to reach out to him but I only got the slightest groan. "Please—" I shut my eyes as the two ANBU landed towards me, as I stumbled backwards. My eyes reached the water as I made a desperate lunge. A kunai raced over my head as I felt my body crash into the surface.

  Mizuchi's chakra pull became stronger as I heard a slight groan of pain.

  "Shit....." he hissed, "that bijuu's chakra poisoned mine.....wait...why are we underwater?"

  "Help, Mizuchi—" I thought with all of my desperation, "Danzō's trying to kill me and take my Sharingan."

  The ANBU were waiting, probably for me to return to the surface but I breathed easily underwater as Mizuchi transferred his powers. "Please tell me this is a channel—" he muttered, "this has to be a river, right?"

  "We're trapped in the lake," I told him.

  "Shit," Mizuchi muttered as he hissed in pain again, "my chakra is at an all time fucking low. It's hard keeping you underwater as it is—"